Manual tranny swap recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My tranny is starting to gradual worsen/slip. It’s an automatic and I always wanted a manual so I think now is a good time. Any recommendations on manual transmissions I could look for that wont break the bank?

My tranny is starting to gradual worsen/slip. It’s an automatic and I always wanted a manual so I think now is a good time. Any recommendations on manual transmissions I could look for that wont break the bank?
I also have a 1992 Q-LJ78G Sorry forgot ti mention

Like @JuanJ said, an R151f (or R150f) would be the ideal transmission to swap in as that is what the manual Prados came with from the factory. Cost is relative on something like that, generally the transmissions aren't very expensive, but finding the correct bell housing for a 2L-TE and transfer adapter to run a split case transfer will be the difficult/expensive part. You will also need the manual version of the brake pedal, clutch pedal, master and slave cylinder and hard lines, as well as the correct RHD shifter and boot. Most of the 2L-TE manual transmissions I see for sale are from Hilux Surfs, and have a different transfer case from the 70-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom