Make a Public Comment on the Pike-San Isabel Travel Management Plan (Colorado) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
The public comment period closes November 4th on the Pike-San Isabel Travel Management Plan. The Forest Service has five Alternatives (A, B, C, D, and E) which affect six Ranger Districts in the area between Gunnison to Denver and Pueblo; roughly 1/4 of the state.

The Forest Service's preferred course of action is Alternative C. Generally, the 4x4 community supports Alternative C but with exceptions/modifications.

Here's the link to the thread with a couple of informative videos, a link to read submitted comments, and a link to submit your own comment(s).

Yes, you can submit more than one comment! And it may be very effective to do that by referencing a specific trail system/area and referencing an already-submitted comment by a pro-motorized access person/organization.

For example: Wildcat Canyon/The Gulches and Kirk Bode/Colorado Springs Christian 4Wheelers. "I support Kirk Bode's proposed modification to Alt C in creating a loop on FS Road 220 (Hackett Gulch) in Teller County."

Another example: Williams Pass (Salida District) and Marcus Trusty/CORE. "I support CORE's position with respect to Williams Pass, to accept Alternative C with modification as shown in Alt B or Alt D to maintain the road open to all motorized access for the eventual repair of Hancock Tunnel."

Anything written by Patrick McKay is excellent content to reference, as well.

Thank you for any pro-access comments you can make!
Tracy
Colorado Land Cruisers

photo from "The Gulches"
Metberry Gulch photo 2.png

Last edited:
Thanks for all your efforts Tracy!

I posted a comment.

I read a ton of them as well, and it sure seems like a lot of form letter submissions from the opposition...

Thanks, Tracy! I also left some comments. In addition to BRC, I recently joined CORE and they do a great job of keeping this info out there (they also have a very active FB page).

The public comment period closes November 4th on the Pike-San Isabel Travel Management Plan. The Forest Service has five Alternatives (A, B, C, D, and E) which affect six Ranger Districts in the area between Gunnison to Denver and Pueblo; roughly 1/4 of the state.

The Forest Service's preferred course of action is Alternative C. Generally, the 4x4 community supports Alternative C but with exceptions/modifications.

Here's the link to the thread with a couple of informative videos, a link to read submitted comments, and a link to submit your own comment(s).

Yes, you can submit more than one comment! And it may be very effective to do that by referencing a specific trail system/area and referencing an already-submitted comment by a pro-motorized access person/organization.

For example: Wildcat Canyon/The Gulches and Kirk Bode/Colorado Springs Christian 4Wheelers. "I support Kirk Bode's proposed modification to Alt C in creating a loop on FS Road 220 (Hackett Gulch) in Teller County."

Another example: Williams Pass (Salida District) and Marcus Trusty/CORE. "I support CORE's position with respect to Williams Pass, to accept Alternative C with modification as shown in Alt B or Alt D to maintain the road open to all motorized access for the eventual repair of Hancock Tunnel."

Anything written by Patrick McKay is excellent content to reference, as well.

Thank you for any pro-access comments you can make!
Tracy
Colorado Land Cruisers

photo from "The Gulches"
View attachment 2120306

Reactions: SAS
I recently joined CORE and they do a great job of keeping this info out there (they also have a very active FB page).

Thank you, Rob! Yes, CORE is an excellent local/grassroots type of organization (they've adopted a dozen roads and they do lots of volunteer work). Marcus (founder) and I are friends. He is also co-founder of 14erFest, the annual multi-use event and "mountain town block party" each September in Buena Vista, CO.

@SAS any updates on the results?

any updates on the results?

I've not seen anything on the USFS page(s); I imagine it is going to be several weeks for them to digest and categorize some 3,000+ public comments.

I did see this on the CORE "news page", dated November 15th:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom