M416 Trailers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
medusa.ih8mud.com
What is the current market for M416 trailers like? I have a line on a couple that I am thinking of buying for resale purposes. What would you pay for one in excellent condition?

would depend somewhat on where they were located and what excellent condition means. Right price, right shape, right location and I would be interested. I'm in N. Indiana, Illinois

Jack, I've been wanting one for awhile now. Been hoping for a dirty, neglected, mechanically sound one for a few hundred bucks. I don't suppose you're in that range?

Heck I don't even have tires yet. But I'll have some cash as soon as I unload grandma's heep. About 2/3 of it is spoken for. Might be some left for an M416.

Jack, I'm interested and not all that far from you. No clue on price or worth however.

I bought a pair of hammered ones for $250. Straightened them back out with a ginpole and a 5 lb sledge:) More typical price for nice usable and complete is b/t 4-600. Drunk people ask more, get less. I belong to the military vehicle Preservations Assoc, and get monthly classifieds, so I think I'm pretty current on pricing, but ymmv...

Looked for one for years around here. Anything that is not beat to hell, gets at least 700.00, and good ones are way more. I picked one up two years ago finally, wanted to use it as a mexican blue print. I have pulled a borrowed one off road behind the red truck for years, and they go anywhere, and work very well, set up with the pintle/lunette ring.

-Steve

I looked her too for a long time before i found one. i think mine is a 410 or something similar to the 416 with out the shocks. i t had been converted to a standard ball hitch. I paid $375 for mine and had to replace a third of the bed, tires and wheels and painted it. i couldn't find anything in any better shape for much less than $1K. I love my trailer and use it quite a bit. I keep all of my camping gear stowed in it and it is ready to roll at a moments notice. Ive towed it behind my M38A1, my FJ40, my 4runner and my F250. nice and lightweight even fully loaded with my camping gear. I don't think you would go wrong buying 2 for $400, you should easily get your money back if you were to sell just one of em.
Wally, Denver, CO.

the Canaidian copies of the 416 are pretty sweet, fairly recent vintage and in great shape, I think there around $700. I need to run up to BC and get one someday.

here ya go....
http://www.futurelogistics.ca/AftermarketSales.html

Side_camo_top+.jpg

also here
http://www.coldwarremarketing.com/OthersInven.asp

a bit more $$$$

I bought a Canadian M101 from Whiteowl last winter. It is in great shape and was as advertised (like new). I pulled a wheel to repack the bearings before my first long trip and the grease looked new. I repacked it anyway but didn't pull the other tire.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom