LX600 Shifts Normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,

I’ve scoured the internet and forums including YouTube POV videos and couldn’t find anything on what I’m experiencing; hope to get some insights here.

A few months back, we purchased a new LX600. Right after we got it, I noticed a dip in RPMs after upshift and obviously after the initial RPM drop. Took it to dealer and they think bad gas (Costco 93). They said $500 to clean injectors or just drive and it will go away. Ok, whatever. 3k more miles later with lots of expensive Shell 93 through the engine, we still have the same problem. But before I go back to dealer I’m curious; has anyone experienced this? Is the “double dip” intentional to soften the upshifts or maybe a software issue? Here’s a video I took a while back; no change since. Oh, and it doesn’t happen at WOT; only casual driving.

I see what you're saying - I've seen other vehicles in Toyota's line up do this, namely Tacoma. The 6 speed AT has a longer spread between gears, so perhaps less noticeable here, but I'm willing to bet it isn't anything significant. Save this post for later when you can make fun of me in like 5 years when transmissions are exploding all over the place, but I feel pretty confident that you're ok.

That dip might be just a reporting thing to the computer too, or, as you theorize, a "double tap" of the torque converter or clutch pack to smooth the shift.

Pure speculation - I'm not a mechanic just hoping to save you $500 that I highly doubt will make a difference.

I see what you're saying - I've seen other vehicles in Toyota's line up do this, namely Tacoma. The 6 speed AT has a longer spread between gears, so perhaps less noticeable here, but I'm willing to bet it isn't anything significant. Save this post for later when you can make fun of me in like 5 years when transmissions are exploding all over the place, but I feel pretty confident that you're ok.

That dip might be just a reporting thing to the computer too, or, as you theorize, a "double tap" of the torque converter or clutch pack to smooth the shift.

Pure speculation - I'm not a mechanic just hoping to save you $500 that I highly doubt will make a difference.
Appreciate the feedback, thanks! Hoping to save the $500 as well.

Just my 2 cents but when I bough my early production 200 series in 2016 it shifted horribly in slow stop and go traffic. I had the dealer reset the transmission ECU at least 3 times and there was an initial improvement and then it would fall back into the same shift pattern. It was particularly bad between 2-3. The gas comment is pure stupidity from the dealer. I would have them reset the ECU and see if that helps. Keep in mind it’s a learning transmission so it takes a while to learn your driving style and adjust the shift paterns accordingly.

Also - try driving if in tow/haul and see if that changes the way it shifts. If it does and it shifts better - it’s a learning programming issue. My 16 shifted fine in tow/haul and like garbage in normal.

I could never get it to shift like the ‘11 so I sold it and got a ‘20 HE. The transmission on the ‘20 shifts flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom