LX600 Cross Rails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Part 1

I was unable to find any quality write ups for cross bar options for an LX600 and I had limited time (4 days) to determine a viable option because of an upcoming family road trip. We went from a 2022 Denali XL to a LX600 and there is a significant difference in the cargo space so a cargo box was needed.

The dealership I purchased the vehicle was unable to find oem cross bars at the time. However, I called a larger market dealer and they were able to order the oem rails. The only issue is that they say “they aren’t designed for cargo” .

Options tested:

1. Turtle x2 rails purchased from eBay . ($275)
They had the wrong vehicle profile in their system so the bars did not fit. They sent 102cm instead of 105cm. I’m waiting for the larger ones to arrive.

2. Amazon Basic Heavy Duty cross rail ($130)
These do not fit.

3. Thule - aero blades ($280), flush kit ($260), fit kit #6044 ($118)

(Update soon)

4. Lexus OEM crossbars ($320)
(Update soon)

Hey, do you think this bracket secure? I don’t have any experience with installing a Thule cross rail system.

The bracket move when I attempt to rock it. I’m just concerned about the gap on the outside clasp.

I plan on placing a Thule Motion XT L box on this .

78ED6D35-44AC-4689-8426-5E85AEB59059.jpeg

BE596BBB-1520-4F89-8F22-83953102F2B3.jpeg

“The bracket does not move when I attempt to rock it”

I’m not much help with your current Thule setup but I’m running a Thule motion XXL on the factory load bars. I had this same set up on my 16 Land Cruiser for a couple years without issue. The LX factory mounts are not as substantial as the LC but I’ve had it loaded up pretty good for a 3 hour highway drive without issue.
The lower profile look of the factory load bars combined with the fact Thule didn’t have an option out yet when I got my truck made the decision easy. The size is perfect for the proportions of the LX.
This was the only pic I could find on my phone.

435C55F9-6408-4D45-99B6-8734EDAB572E.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not much help with your current Thule setup but I’m running a Thule motion XXL on the factory load bars. I had this same set up on my 16 Land Cruiser for a couple years without issue. The LX factory mounts are not as substantial as the LC but I’ve had it loaded up pretty good for a 3 hour highway drive without issue.
The lower profile look of the factory load bars combined with the fact Thule didn’t have an option out yet when I got my truck made the decision easy. The size is perfect for the proportions of the LX.

View attachment 3088185
Thanks for posting this. I have a Thule XXL in the garage and was wondering if it would work on factory bars.

I run the factory cross bars with a Yakima Skybox Lo and have had no problems with it loaded up. We get huge wind where I'm at too and it's been solid.

I just bought the Lexus OEM bars and they are $425 bucks plus tax in the states. I still need to put them on, the load weight is 156 lbs for the cross bars from Lexus. Taking a trip up skiing tomorrow so I will update you on how they are…

I just bought the Lexus OEM bars and they are $425 bucks plus tax in the states. I still need to put them on, the load weight is 156 lbs for the cross bars from Lexus. Taking a trip up skiing tomorrow so I will update you on how they are…
Drove up 70 last night and the OEM crossbars worked great. Very quiet no additional noise unless you open the sunroof shade. I only had about 60 lbs in the Thule…

FBA985E0-5830-4185-8050-611A3BC1D3D0.jpeg

Drove up 70 last night and the OEM crossbars worked great. Very quiet no additional noise unless you open the sunroof shade. I only had about 60 lbs in the Thule…

View attachment 3257627
Cool, thanks for sharing. I’ve got 150 pounds going up there in a few months for a cross country trip. I’m glad to see the bars have some height to them. I had to buy Inno bars for my wife’s GX, the OEM bars let the Thule clamps contact the roof.

Hey, do you think this bracket secure? I don’t have any experience with installing a Thule cross rail system.

The bracket move when I attempt to rock it. I’m just concerned about the gap on the outside clasp.

I plan on placing a Thule Motion XT L box on this .

View attachment 3086940

View attachment 3086941
Which thule foot kit are you using in this photo? I don't think it should have that gap..

View attachment 3088185
I just had mine installed, can you take a close up of yours please? I’d like to compare my feet to yours. And are these things adjustable, or set it and foreget it in one spot only? Front of truck is on your right

IMG_0199.jpeg

Last edited:
I just installed these as well. (the OEM ones). yours are on correctly, and you're right, they are not adjustable, as they they have two pins that slide into the dimples on the inside of you roof rails.

View attachment 3088185
Aftermarket paintjob or an oem black edition?

Has anybody gone down the path of removing their factory rails? Not crossbars.. but the side rails?

I’m wanting to try the rhino rack backbone for the LC300.

Has anybody gone down the path of removing their factory rails? Not crossbars.. but the side rails?

I’m wanting to try the rhino rack backbone for the LC300.
I’d like to know this too… thinking about getting a prinsu, which requires you to drill into the side rails and I’m thinking it might be easier to do with them off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom