LX570 with 22" F-Sport wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this LX570. I see that it has the F-Sport / TRD Forged wheels. I believe they are 22". I do not want to run street tires and want some type of All-Terrain tire, BFG/Toyo etc.

Do you guys think I would be able to put an AT tire on this rim and have no rubbing issues. The options at a 22" size for AT's are limited but BFG makes one and have not looked at others yet.

Thoughts and Opinions?

Thanks
T
Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 9.51.11 AM.png

Budget into your purchase price wheels and tires. $4000 is a conservative amount and will get you into most anything you might like.

You can get OEM Tundra 18s from the 2021 and earlier model year for near free, and maybe takeoff tires installed on them in 275/65/r18. That's probably like $500.

Then a range of possibilities in between.

I have an LX600 that came with 22's and I put 285/50R22 Toyo AT3's on it. They were over $500 per tire and were much stiffer compared to the stock wheels.

I took them offf yesterday and replaced them with a set of Tundra take offs with 18" rims with Falken Widpeaks. Much better ride now and I think it looks better too. I put the tires on my wife's Denali as it has 22" rims too so the money wasn't wasted.

On my LX570, i swapped the 20" stock rims with 17" rock warriors and some BFG's (295/70R17). I prefer the smaller rims and they will be better offroad too, though that is a tiny portion of the time.

I would recommend getting rid of the 22's and going to a 17" or 18" set of rims. I was not a fan of the 22's.

Here's my LX570 with the rock warriors and BFG's.

20230519_191630.jpg

Hello I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this LX570. I see that it has the F-Sport / TRD Forged wheels. I believe they are 22". I do not want to run street tires and want some type of All-Terrain tire, BFG/Toyo etc.

Do you guys think I would be able to put an AT tire on this rim and have no rubbing issues. The options at a 22" size for AT's are limited but BFG makes one and have not looked at others yet.

Thoughts and Opinions?

Thanks
TView attachment 3354322

with a 22" wheel, you would not have much room for anything with any sidewall. There would be little to gain from running AT tires. It would provide minimal performance on the trail and really do a number on your ride quality. I would skip right past the 22s and get something more suitable.

with a 22" wheel, you would not have much room for anything with any sidewall. There would be little to gain from running AT tires. It would provide minimal performance on the trail and really do a number on your ride quality. I would skip right past the 22s and get something more suitable.
Thanks I will start looking.

I have an LX600 that came with 22's and I put 285/50R22 Toyo AT3's on it. They were over $500 per tire and were much stiffer compared to the stock wheels.

I took them offf yesterday and replaced them with a set of Tundra take offs with 18" rims with Falken Widpeaks. Much better ride now and I think it looks better too. I put the tires on my wife's Denali as it has 22" rims too so the money wasn't wasted.

On my LX570, i swapped the 20" stock rims with 17" rock warriors and some BFG's (295/70R17). I prefer the smaller rims and they will be better offroad too, though that is a tiny portion of the time.

I would recommend getting rid of the 22's and going to a 17" or 18" set of rims. I was not a fan of the 22's.

Here's my LX570 with the rock warriors and BFG's.

View attachment 3354362
Thank you for informative post. I will ditch the 22" or hopefully sell them.

Or just keep the 22s as spares for city driving and get an additional set of 18s with some AT rubber. Depending on if there is any interest in the used market for those 22s and how much you can actually get out of them.

Nm

Last edited:
Those rims are rare and valuable to the right buyer. Personally, I think 22’s are stupid and wouldn’t own a truck with them.

Those 22's are sought after by the Tundra guys that supercharge and lower their 5.7's

They really do look great on the Tundras. You should be able to sell those for a decent chunk of change. Finding a set of 18’s off a Tundra is easy and shouldn’t be looked at as any kind of hurdle. If the biggest “downside” of that potential purchase is those wheels, then snap that thing up.

Ah man I miss my single cab short bed 5.7. Rare truck, but I lifted mine for off-roading and not slammed with street tires
45828925365_f01b545efb_o.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom