LX570 Cracked Wood Dash - My Fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a LX570 that has spent it's whole life in CA and AZ. That with the fact that it seems to do it regardless, the wood dash paneling cracked. This is my fix. I had my body shop pull the parts and paint them the color of the LX. I think it turned out fantastic. What say you?
IMG_8411.jpeg
IMG_8410.jpeg
IMG_8405.jpeg

I have a LX570 that has spent it's whole life in CA and AZ. That with the fact that it seems to do it regardless, the wood dash paneling cracked. This is my fix. I had my body shop pull the parts and paint them the color of the LX. I think it turned out fantastic. What say you?View attachment 3309699View attachment 3309700View attachment 3309701

Strange seeing the LX without wood! Weird but nice in a way. I think they did a pretty good job though. Looks very uniform and utilitarian.

Id have them pull the air vents and match those too.

That actually modernizes the interior quite a bit in my opinion. Looks great!

The OEM wood definitely looks nice but dates the interior imo.

Thank you. I agree, odd without the wood, but less soccar mom, especially with the molding delete on the outside, etc

How much did you pay if you don't mind sharing?

That definitely looks better than most could accomplish DIY and I would gladly pay a premium.

I am in OC and am also very interested in this mod. Please pm me contact if you don’t mind.

How much did you pay if you don't mind sharing?

That definitely looks better than most could accomplish DIY and I would gladly pay a premium.
I paid $1200. Not bad considering how much factory wood replacement pieces are and how much labor is involved removing all the trim pieces.

I also paid an additional $150 to have them wet sand, buff and clear cloak the headlights, restoring them to “new”. No short term polish fix that only lasts a couple months.

That looks good, i have only one piece cracking, the driver's side upper piece. I'd get mine repainted piano black though, i love fingerprints. How easy was it to remove the trim? Do the clips break easily?

That looks good, i have only one piece cracking, the driver's side upper piece. I'd get mine repainted piano black though, i love fingerprints. How easy was it to remove the trim? Do the clips break easily?
I had them do it all.

I’ve always liked the LC interiors more because of the silver trim. This looks incredible and exactly the way the LX should have come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom