Lx570 16 Ahc rough ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As in the title, my lx is rough, feeling every little bump on the road.
i have replaced the fluid and 4 ACCUMULATOR but nothing improved. this is what i got from techstream. no error code. Any ideas?

BA757998-E8D9-4DC9-8743-98D887AD75B7.jpeg

D4BFE596-3C13-4C6E-A802-FDD8F4253973.jpeg

254495BB-DEA1-49EC-856E-9AA38A420E28.jpeg

Signal check.
5F39ECC0-649D-49E9-BBC2-A91293EC0CCB.jpeg

Normal

E548C9B3-0F2F-49CC-87B6-C769742612EA.jpeg

@IndroCruise , @suprarx7nut do you speak 200 series too?
I do not, but a few things look odd.

1. Air suspension? Is the techstream vehicle selected correctly? LX shouldn't have air suspension, I don't think.

2. Heights are weird. Too far from normal.

3. Trouble codes. Seems the system has 3 current faults. Might be over common fault triggering three codes. Gotta fix those.

1. Air suspension? Is the techstream vehicle selected correctly? LX shouldn't have air suspension, I don't think.

3. Trouble codes. Seems the system has 3 current faults. Might be over common fault triggering three codes. Gotta fix those.
3 trouble that I have to replace what?

please advise me.

The three DTC code you see on your screen - those need to be addressed first. So far you have gotten responses from the folks who own older 100 series LX, so we don't know what those codes mean exactly or how could they be fixed.
Hopefully some 200 series folks will chime in soon.

please advise me.
There are electrical faults. The three DTC that you show in your screenshot are not normal. You or a mechanic should look at the service manual and wiring diagram to find potential causes.

Replacing parts seems unlikely to fix anything. Check wiring. Simple job, but not easy or quick.

The height control switch and height control off switch are both in the center console. The access mode switch is on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I suspect they tie back to the suspension ECU. I wonder if someone unplugged something going back to that.

It is strange that your menu says "air suspension". That might be an anomoly of it being a 2016+ and possibly foriegn to USA market. I know when I go to that same data list screen, i have to go to the "AHC" menu in techstream. But that's on a 2010 model.

It looks like you ran a utility to get it to show thoses DTCs. I wonder if you just didn't run the utility correctly. Testing all those 3 buttons is very easy. If you hit the AHC off button, do you get a notification in the dash that it's off? The Access botton has a light on the dash as well (looks like a stick figure getting out of a seat). And if you can change the height from N to either L or H, then the height control switch is working.

I don't agree that your height sensors look off. It looks like you are just on a slight decline when you took the picture. Everything looks pretty normal. It says you are down a quarter inch in front and up a half inch in rear. You damper steps look normal.. You could try putting the car in gear while connected to Techstream and see if those numbers change. At low speed and in D, they should change to something between 1-4 probably (at least on my 2010 it's that way, it's possible the later models could have a different "curve").

Are you saying that something changed about the ride of your vehicle? As in it used to be soft and comfortable, and now it is uncomfortable? Did anything happen to correlate with the change if there was one?

The height control switch and height control off switch are both in the center console. The access mode switch is on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I suspect they tie back to the suspension ECU. I wonder if someone unplugged something going back to that.

It is strange that your menu says "air suspension". That might be an anomoly of it being a 2016+ and possibly foriegn to USA market. I know when I go to that same data list screen, i have to go to the "AHC" menu in techstream. But that's on a 2010 model.

It looks like you ran a utility to get it to show thoses DTCs. I wonder if you just didn't run the utility correctly. Testing all those 3 buttons is very easy. If you hit the AHC off button, do you get a notification in the dash that it's off? The Access botton has a light on the dash as well (looks like a stick figure getting out of a seat). And if you can change the height from N to either L or H, then the height control switch is working.

I don't agree that your height sensors look off. It looks like you are just on a slight decline when you took the picture. Everything looks pretty normal. It says you are down a quarter inch in front and up a half inch in rear. You damper steps look normal.. You could try putting the car in gear while connected to Techstream and see if those numbers change. At low speed and in D, they should change to something between 1-4 probably (at least on my 2010 it's that way, it's possible the later models could have a different "curve").

Are you saying that something changed about the ride of your vehicle? As in it used to be soft and comfortable, and now it is uncomfortable? Did anything happen to correlate with the change if there was one?
Just trying to look at simple solutions first. Could error codes be from improper bleed or getting air into the lines after globe replacement and shock replacement? I had issues resetting my AHC after globe replacement. Could not clear AHC error until I pulled the battery cables off. I suspect I introduced air or contaminates into the system when I replaced globes and flushed. I was not using tech stream so not familiar with all that data.

Just trying to look at simple solutions first. Could error codes be from improper bleed or getting air into the lines after globe replacement and shock replacement? I had issues resetting my AHC after globe replacement. Could not clear AHC error until I pulled the battery cables off. I suspect I introduced air or contaminates into the system when I replaced globes and flushed. I was not using tech stream so not familiar with all that data.
I’ve heard of people triggering the abnormal pressure DTC and that shutting the system down until it was cleared. Either using Techstream or hard reset like you did. I personally haven’t had to do it, but there are definitely mentions of people getting into that state during ahc flushes.

sorry for replying late. I've been sick for the past few days so I can't go online. all the switches you mentioned are working properly. Both lifting and lowering are fine. Until now I still have not found the cause. really headache.
I feel the 2 rear wheel is extremely rough.2 front wheels a little less.

Last edited:
i tried disconnecting the battery but it didn't help.

I’d suggest a full bleed / fluid replacement.

And then a couple more bleeds. You can settle it / strain it and reuse the fresh fluid if availability or cost is an issue.

5 liter for the flush/replace
2.5 liter for each additional bleed.

What is the brand/age/mileage of your tires? There could be a huge difference in ride just changing them out.

I’d suggest a full bleed / fluid replacement.

And then a couple more bleeds. You can settle it / strain it and reuse the fresh fluid if availability or cost is an issue.

5 liter for the flush/replace
2.5 liter for each additional bleed.
I just flushed the fluid again today but it didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom