LX470 - Replaced AHC w/ LC suspension - VSC Lights and Questions about alignment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, use all standard hardware just the bars are replaced up front.

Camel 4x4 and Outdoor for 4x4 Parts and Accessories
TB are $288 a set

Slee - Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser Suspension
only lists kits but might have some stock LandCruiser TBs laying around you can get from him....from non-AHC Land Cruiser.

I wish you had posted and I had seen your thread on your LX470 work before I set out to do mine ... Your write-up was great and the Ironman complete suspension kit is a lot cheaper than what I am having to paid for stock LC parts and has a nice color to it too!

If the Ironman TB set is only $288 (for two) than that's only half the price of what I would have to pay for the LC parts. Even at wholesale price thru a mechanic friend, it's still going to be a little more than $300 EACH for the LC torsion bars.

Now I will have to decide which one to get. I really have no need to get anything stronger stock parts and on the one hand, I want have all LC stock parts and on the other hand, the price on the Ironman is very tempting ...

atlgapdo said:
I wish you had posted and I had seen your thread on your LX470 work before I set out to do mine ... Your write-up was great and the Ironman complete suspension kit is a lot cheaper than what I am having to paid for stock LC parts and has a nice color to it too!

If the Ironman TB set is only $288 (for two) than that's only half the price of what I would have to pay for the LC parts. Even at wholesale price thru a mechanic friend, it's still going to be a little more than $300 EACH for the LC torsion bars.

Now I will have to decide which one to get. I really have no need to get anything stronger stock parts and on the one hand, I want have all LC stock parts and on the other hand, the price on the Ironman is very tempting ...

I'll sell you my OEM torsion bars for ironmans :) I need the extra strength.

Free shipping too.

Anyone know the cost?

If you took your LX470 to a Toyota Dealership and ask them to convert your AHC to the LC suspension what is a guess for the turn key parts and labor charges?

If you took your LX470 to a Toyota Dealership and ask them to convert your AHC to the LC suspension what is a guess for the turn key parts and labor charges?

Not sure about dealer, but ACC here in Atlanta disabled AHC, converted to LC suspension with 2'' ironman lift and slee diff drop for $2,100 plus tax. I'm sure you can get this done for close to this price locally or semi-locally by a smaller shop, dealers are usually more expensive. I do like the 2'' lift, profile looks much better than my fathers '99 LC.

Not sure about dealer, but ACC here in Atlanta disabled AHC, converted to LC suspension with 2'' ironman lift and slee diff drop for $2,100 plus tax. I'm sure you can get this done for close to this price locally or semi-locally by a smaller shop, dealers are usually more expensive. I do like the 2'' lift, profile looks much better than my fathers '99 LC.

Thanks, I saw on Slee site with the OME 1 1/2 lift and diff drop, parts around $1000. So your saying labor would be about $1000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom