LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET

Personally I think the wire needs to be better, and the way it's grounded together, and the signal, as is, isnt split between low beam inputs. There is one trigger to the new twin relay set up. Which has one benefit I can see. But a few drawbacks.
They are all made like that. It isn't an issue overall in the 20 dollar twin relay standard set up available everywhere.
Semantics really. I have mine on one trigger.
What should be done is rewire it. Or go with it as is and replace it first when or if something quits working. Not a big deal. Not much money. Lou's right in the fact that it isn't worth it. Except if you already have the supplies.

One easy thing will help with these setups, extend your hot wire to custom length. Shorten the ground (main). Check the joining ground for the relays under the main tubing(solder it or re crimp, and or use better wire)
After that it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not against the morimoto dual set up at all. It's cost effective until it isn't .

Go through all the standard trouble shooting for hid available online. They will all pertain universally.
But in this case right here, in this HID thing for 100s, check the relays first and a clean ground and input signal.
They should last a very long time.

Luke111

Supporting Vendor

Teasers for a new Builtwerks Retrofit thread covering LX and LC retrofits.(It will be short), picture heavy and a place for open discussions about retrofitting.
@zipdoa these are for you
MLED 2.0 with the HB LED ...running switchback halo’s backlighting the HB LED and XBR Demon Eyes in the MLED 2.0 . I’ll most likely demonize the HB for balance. Trying to stay busy with social distancing, stay at home boredom setting in😊

D3D2FE91-D362-4C44-985D-1181A67A82CA.jpeg

86EF844A-C556-4F24-969D-C3A66D33A0A4.jpeg

E7524779-D036-48F4-84D9-956A93EB2E08.jpeg

7696811D-9345-4534-99E0-3EDFAE9EF2C5.jpeg

BC85DA44-1CE4-43A7-A03B-3979CCD5AECF.jpeg

Last edited:

Luke111

Supporting Vendor

I thought that might get your attention...I had to cut out a fairly large section and making the fiberglass cover was a PITA. I'm contacting my CAD guy who helped design the bracket and have him 3D print replacement covers that can be epoxied into place.

wow... 37 pages I'm a HID/projector newb and would appreciate any help. I watched the TRS install video and they show installing the bulbs directly into the factory housing. What's the benefit of the projector? Does it give the light cut-off so I'm not blinding everyone? So if I buy this bracket, I would need to open my headlight to install the projector? Then I'd need to buy a Projector kit rather than a HID system?? Can I do low and high beams? My housings are really sun-faded, will using a Headlight Restoration System be enough or should I buy new housings?

Sorry for all the dumb questions. Would really like to upgrade the light output on my '06 LX470
View attachment 2243581

@Pick
Give me a call if you’re ready... I can have them finished in a week
Cheers
Lou
703-371-8494

Nice! I'll be in touch

Top Bottom