Lx470 corner light removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shtbrwn86

SILVER Star
Threads
Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving. Since we aren't doing anything really i thought I'd tackle the super simple task of replacing the corner light bulbs on my 99 LX.

Holy hell!!!! Why is this so hard? I've managed to separate the clear cover from the housing but still the lower part of the light wont budge. I'm also freaking out because despite my gentle attempts to loosen them they i keep hearing plastic cracking and breaking.

What the hell am i doing wrong??? I have yet to be able to remove either side. Also how do I glue the lens cover back on?

PXL_20201126_204107966.jpg

There is one screw holding it in at the top, once you remove that pull the light forwards.

There is one screw holding it in at the top, once you remove that pull the light forwards.
Yeah I knew about the screw. Top pulls forward but bottom us really stuck.

Here is a video....sorry it's just me holding my phone. But i feel like this should come out easier than this. All the black flecks on my bumper are from trying to remove the darn thing.

There is a plastic tab near the bottom of the headlight housing that the corner light "slides" into. Take your time, with some effort you should be able to overcome the compression tab and it will come loose to slide out.

Thanks for the advice. I did finally get them out but it took way too much effort in my opinion. Poor design. Maybe they will come out easier next time? 🤷🏻‍♂️

They can be contrary. no doubt about it. I always use my hand to 'bump' them forward and avoid prying if possible.

It is a very very bad design & is very hard to remove. (also one of mine won't snap back into place and kind of sticks out.. I can manually reseat it, then after a couple miles it pops back out.. )

Thanks for the advice. I did finally get them out but it took way too much effort in my opinion. Poor design. Maybe they will come out easier next time? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Only if that tab breaks or its compliment on the headlight housing breaks.

Got them reinstalled with the new amber leds. Look pretty good. I ended up using jb weld to glue the lamp cover back on amd and you can't really tell at all. Hope it holds up! 🤞

PXL_20201129_011211063.jpg

PXL_20201129_011223509.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom