LX Owners.... How Big? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't know if your Tundra TRD wheels are the similar to the LC HE wheels but after swapping out for the HE wheels (on Toyo AT3 275/70/18s btw) there was no tire rubbing but there was very little clearance with the front brake calipers on my '08 LX. This led to adding 1.25" spacers to get a bit more clearance which in turn created some rubbing on front mudflaps. Solution for now is to run without the mudflaps until I have time to mess with figuring out if they can be easily modified/reshaped.
I don't think the 18in Tundra wheels I have are TRD wheels. They are just generic alloy wheels that is available on both the Tundra and Sequoia. I picked them up on Facebook marketplace for $100 from a guy who took it off his 2019 Tundra. I got them because of the 60mm offset and I didn't want to use spacers.

I modified my front mud flaps on the inside so it is not flat faced. It is now like an arc. This allowed my tires to clear without rubbing.

Now I got to figure out how to get rid of the 5 x 20" wheels sitting in my garage shelf since I don't plan on using them.

TundraWheels.jpg

Front Mud Flap Modification.jpg

I don't think the 18in Tundra wheels I have are TRD wheels. They are just generic alloy wheels that is available on both the Tundra and Sequoia. I picked them up on Facebook marketplace for $100 from a guy who took it off his 2019 Tundra. I got them because of the 60mm offset and I didn't want to use spacers.

I modified my front mud flaps on the inside so it is not flat faced. It is now like an arc. This allowed my tires to clear without rubbing.

Now I got to figure out how to get rid of the 5 x 20" wheels sitting in my garage shelf since I don't plan on using them.

Updated drawing.

Front Mud Flap Modification.jpg

Interesting, I hadn’t heard this. I assume the tundra trd’s and the LC HE are basically the same wheel... seems like this would be a standard issue for any 200 LX running 18 inch TRDs. I know there are a number of guys running that setup so I’ll have to do some research. I’d prefer to not add spacers if I can get away with it.
I don't think any Toyota 18" wheels are going to have issues with stock, or even slightly upgraded Tundra calipers/rotors. 17" TRD, and some aftermarket 17" wheels have no problem fitting over the larger Tundra parts without spacers. So hard to imagine the 18" wheels having any issues. Plus as you said, tons and tons of Tundra/Sequoia 18" wheel installations here on LC and LX's. The BBS Forged TRD Pro wheel and the LC HE wheel are essentially the same. There was some different "badging" depending on what year TRD Pro wheel you get, and then different colors, and that's it.

33" ish is the largest tire you can go without rubbing/modification plus it will fit in the spare (which I think can take up to a 34" tire). I am currently running the new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T in 285/65R18 on 18in Tundra wheels. These are 33.2in OD tires (with 19/32in deep threads) so it rubbed slightly on the front mudflaps on full lock. I modified the front mud flaps by bending the inner portion toward the frame by .5in to create a concave shape and now I have no rubbing at all. Alternative is to just remove the front mudflaps. Alignments are in spec as well. I am not running any spacers. The Tundra rim (426110C160) specs are 18" x 8" with an offset of 60mm. Noise level is probably the same as the KO2 and I can't really hear it when the windows are closed.

The Baja Boss A/T tires are more aggressive than the KO2 that I have on my 4Runner and GX. The sidewall grips are even more beefier. They are in between an A/T and M/T tire. They are not dedicated M/T like the KM3 though.

View attachment 2739816

View attachment 2739817

View attachment 2739818

View attachment 2739820

View attachment 2739821
Went with basically the same set up but I’m bumping up against the UCA by a decent amount. Wondering if Lexus changed the UCA they are using somewhere along the way.

285/65/18. I really wasn’t expecting there to be that much rubbing.
275/70/18 should clear your uca without spacers. If you went to Discoubt Tire, they have a really good return policy 😉

Went with basically the same set up but I’m bumping up against the UCA by a decent amount. Wondering if Lexus changed the UCA they are using somewhere along the way.
Not sure. I looked at mine and I didn't have it rubbing like yours. I have a 2013. Maybe try a slight sensor lift to clear the UCA?

Last edited:
Not sure. I looked at mine and I didn't have it rubbing like yours. I have a 2013. Maybe try a slight sensor lift to clear the UCA?
Lift won’t allow for bigger tires on IFS. He’ll need a skinnier tire or spacers.

275/70/18 should clear your uca without spacers. If you went to Discoubt Tire, they have a really good return policy
Lift won’t allow for bigger tires on IFS. He’ll need a skinnier tire or spacers.
Any chance swapping out the UCA’s will help at all? I think I’d rather do that than add spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom