LX 570 - SS3 Fog Lights (w install) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the SS3 Max fogs in my LC200 and am blown away by how bright they are. More powerful than my low beams. They are wired into the OEM fog switch so they are only on with the low beams. It’s kind of a step down when I flick on the high beams because I lose the DD fogs.

Daytime shot so you can’t see the light output.

View attachment 3242512
Hi, I have a 2014 LC200 with the same round fog light as yours. Which SS3 vehicle kit did you buy? Diode Dynamics does not have one for the 2014 LC200. Did you buy the Tacoma or Tundra version? Thank you

I did this install, however with a product from AuxBeam for more than half the price. The fit kit from Diode Dynamics is the same fit kit used for the 4Runner and Tundra. As such, I did some looking around for a more economical option. Link is below:

Auxbeam 3" 80W 9600LM LED Pods (ZD000676) w/Flush Mount Brackets & Amber Covers, Spot Flood Combo Offroad Lights Toyota Fog Lights for Tacoma Tundra 4Runner, Bundle https://a.co/d/dBJM85O

IMG_3047.jpeg

IMG_3046.jpeg

I didn’t see any specific answer to the question about the 2009 LX570 Diode Dynamics fog light backlight wiring, which is what brought me here. I decided to pull out the multimeter today and do some testing then wire in my back lights. I searched the internet for which specific wires were the driving light power wires prior to today with no results. Below are the photos of the harness and showing which wires to tap with their supplied wire splicer to run the back lights while driving lights are on during the day.

The first photo is the drivers side. This wire is solid red and on the bottom left corner, when standing at the front of the vehicle looking down at the harness.

The second photo is the passenger side. The wire is red and yellow, also on the bottom left corner when standing in front of the vehicle looking down at the harness.

Third photo is of the driving lights and backlit fogs.

Fourth photo are fogs and low beams on.

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3672.jpeg

IMG_3669.jpeg

IMG_3670.jpeg

I didn’t see any specific answer to the question about the 2009 LX570 Diode Dynamics fog light backlight wiring, which is what brought me here. I decided to pull out the multimeter today and do some testing then wire in my back lights. I searched the internet for which specific wires were the driving light power wires prior to today with no results. Below are the photos of the harness and showing which wires to tap with their supplied wire splicer to run the back lights while driving lights are on during the day.

The first photo is the drivers side. This wire is solid red and on the bottom left corner, when standing at the front of the vehicle looking down at the harness.

The second photo is the passenger side. The wire is red and yellow, also on the bottom left corner when standing in front of the vehicle looking down at the harness.

Third photo is of the driving lights and backlit fogs.

Fourth photo are fogs and low beams on.

View attachment 3503577

View attachment 3503578

View attachment 3503579

View attachment 3503580
Thank you. Pictures are great. How do your headlights look so good? New headlights?

Thank you. Pictures are great. How do your headlights look so good? New headlights?
No, I purchased this LX about 4 months ago from a 1 owner that kept it in the garage. The body and paint are perfect and you could have eaten off the interior. It was 1 of 3 vehicle's they owned and rarely drove it. Purchased with 103k miles, just turned 109k today.

No, I purchased this LX about 4 months ago from a 1 owner that kept it in the garage. The body and paint are perfect and you could have eaten off the interior. It was 1 of 3 vehicle's they owned and rarely drove it. Purchased with 103k miles, just turned 109k today.
Wow! Awesome find.

I just installed a set of amber Diode Dynamics fog lights! Thanks to the amazing people on this forum, it was a snap. They look and work great!

Thanks Again Everyone!
Blessings, Brian

Doing this install and it is kicking my ass on my 2008 LX.

Attempt 1 - got the driver side out fine, got the wiring in, turned on the fog and nothing from the new diode dynamic but still had light from a diode dynamic led in factory housing for passenger side. Attempted to remove passenger side and found 2 seized screws (I guess I know what that cover is for on later models)
IMG_3846.jpeg

Attempt 2 - got the passenger housing out, swapped in the diode dynamics led housing in and now neither light turns on.

1. These are non-backlit model so I am using the non-backlit harness
2. The stock housings with diode dynamic bulbs worked
3. Fuse is not blown
4. Tried turning fogs on with high beams engaged, low beams engaged, parking light/drl’s engaged, no ebrake engaged, in park and out of park, nothing.
5. Dash lights are still indicating that the fog lights are turning on

At this point I am confused, of one side didn’t work I would chalk it up to a dud light or harness, but for both to not work is bizarre. Happy to take any ideas right now.

Last edited:
Doing this install and it is kicking my ass on my 2008 LX.

Attempt 1 - got the driver side out fine, got the wiring in, turned on the fog and nothing from the new diode dynamic but still had light from a diode dynamic led in factory housing for passenger side. Attempted to remove passenger side and found 2 seized screws (I guess I know what that cover is for on later models)
View attachment 3606548

Attempt 2 - got the passenger housing out, swapped in the diode dynamics led housing in and now neither light turns on.

1. These are non-backlit model so I am using the non-backlit harness
2. The stock housings with diode dynamic bulbs worked
3. Fuse is not blown
4. Tried turning fogs on with high beams engaged, low beams engaged, parking light/drl’s engaged, no ebrake engaged, in park and out of park, nothing.
5. Dash lights are still indicating that the fog lights are turning on

At this point I am confused, of one side didn’t work I would chalk it up to a dud light or harness, but for both to not work is bizarre. Happy to take any ideas right now.
Try swapping the direction the harnesses are plugged in.

Drew a picture to see if I understand what you mean, like this?

View attachment 3607084
Can’t remember if that plug can be flipped, but unlike incandescent bulbs, LeDs can only be powered one way. So you have to have the + to the + and - to -.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom