LX 570 Dashboard Cover/Mat Suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I have a question regarding the dash cover for 2014-2021 Lexus LX. I live in Florida and use my truck mostly for long haul trips and driving it last time I have noticed that dashboard is getting really hot up to the point when you cannot hold your hand on it.

So, I thought, maybe somebody have an experience with one of those dash mats or covers and maybe can suggest a good option to consider?

So far, after all the research, I stopped at VelourMat from covercraft as good option in terms of color (I want dark brown) and functionality. But still not sure about the fit and mounting options i.e. is it just going to stick because of the mat rubber backing or do I need to use velcro stickers to hold it in place. Is it really a nice fit or the same as their sunscreen going to have inch gaps on the sides? And the big question does it really help with the heat or just trap it inside?

Please share you experience for that matter and what you use for that purpose. Any feedback is appreciated as I was not able to find much info online.

I just bought a 2013 and have the same question. In my 100 I have used dashmat products from cover craft and they fit nice. Velcro is needed. They arrive rolled up and it helps to just lay them out on the dash slightly weighted down and let them bake in the sun for a couple of days. Then they won't fight you so much for final fitment.

I have a dash cover from Carhartt installed in my 2006, overall it's pretty minimal and blends in well to where it doesn't stand out like those random furry dash mats. I also ordered the same one for both my 200s (in the same grey color and a brown variant). Will report back when they arrive.

1623527687382.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom