LX 570 center console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My USB seems to be loose. Anyone taken this apart to get to what is under?

image.jpg

Yes and you need a deep clean my guy.

Uncrew the shift knob
Pull off the leather trim pieces
Pry up, it will all come as one unit but you can disconnect the AHC switches and the USB outlet itself.

I posted this in another thread a while back:

1. Unclip and remove the two leather trim pieces on each side. It helps to first pull the long horizontal part outboard and then pull the vertical upright part towards you.

2. Unscrew the shift knob. It just twists.

3. Remove the parking break boot trim. It's just more clips to pull up. This one felt a little flimsy, take extra care.

4. Remove the seat heater/cooler dial panel. Pull straight towards you.

5. Remove the cup holder assembly. It pulls straight upwards.

6. Underneath, you'll see all the wiring for the AHC controls, 4HI/LO switch, etc. It's all held together with a gray rubbery piece that's clipped in to the main body of the center console. Use a pair of pliers to squeeze the clips on the top side of the piece and lift it up. That'll give you access to unclip all the connectors.

7. Remove the shifter assembly. The main silver part and the black bulbous part that contains the switches are all one piece. It should pull up similar to the cup holders.

Once you get that main assembly out, you may have to take it apart further to access the USB connections. I never needed to go that far when working on my rig.

Thank you all. Came apart easy 10-15 min job. And yes the center part with the switches pops right out. Now I just have to decide between a replacement USB port from Lexus at $170 or Aliexpress for $35 shipped.

IMG_8627.jpeg

IMG_8629.jpeg

image.jpg

I broke my 4lo switch at LCDC last year because it was caked with gunk and soda and coffee - while you are in there it's a good time to take the bezel off and clean the underside. It's just a couple of philips head screws on the bottom side of the switch panel

I broke my 4lo switch at LCDC last year because it was caked with gunk and soda and coffee - while you are in there it's a good time to take the bezel off and clean the underside. It's just a couple of philips head screws on the bottom side of the switch panel
Thanks. I took it all apart and cleaned everything, was super easy. Now I’m looking for a USB-C that will fit in the same location.

I haven't measured these, but most are pretty universal across toyota brands/models. I've been looking independently of this thread to relocate the Aux/USB either behind the dash or into the area where the ash-tray is and be able to close/conceal the cabling by routing behind the dash to my mag-safe phone mount/aux output.

Posting these in case they're helpful to anyone:

Here's the back of the main trim - after the other components are off (wiring harness, shifter base trim, AUX/120w Power Socket). The harness will be along the top and going down the left side here, attached w/ plastic plugs. At the bottom, there are 5x screws (removed here) holding the switch assembly (4 Lo/Hi, AHC, etc.).

1.jpg

Here's the switch assembly. There are 3x screws to get the cover off:
4.jpg

Here's the switches without the cover. (The 4 Hi/Lo one, not pictured, connects differently since it pushes in):
6.jpg

Here's the shifter base trim (removed from the main trim piece in the first image):
8.jpg

Last, here's the AUX/120 power socket piece (removed from the main trim piece in the first image).
7.jpg

I did this to clean everything out and replace the power socket. But the power socket + sleeve are the only thing I can't figure out how to disassemble all of the way. It has thick tabs that look one-way only (they don't depress).

Posting these in case they're helpful to anyone:

Here's the back of the main trim - after the other components are off (wiring harness, shifter base trim, AUX/120w Power Socket). The harness will be along the top and going down the left side here, attached w/ plastic plugs. At the bottom, there are 5x screws (removed here) holding the switch assembly (4 Lo/Hi, AHC, etc.).

View attachment 3364088

Here's the switch assembly. There are 3x screws to get the cover off:
View attachment 3364087

Here's the switches without the cover. (The 4 Hi/Lo one, not pictured, connects differently since it pushes in):
View attachment 3364086

Here's the shifter base trim (removed from the main trim piece in the first image):
View attachment 3364085

Last, here's the AUX/120 power socket piece (removed from the main trim piece in the first image).
View attachment 3364084

I did this to clean everything out and replace the power socket. But the power socket + sleeve are the only thing I can't figure out how to disassemble all of the way. It has thick tabs that look one-way only (they don't depress).
Were you able to sort out the power supply breakdown? My kid stopped functioning today so while I’m in there I was tempted to try to move the wired apple carplay connector to this location.

Yes - the 12V plug comes apart. The metal piece separates from the black plastic lid piece, and when both are together they're stuck in the console panel. I already have it in there, but it's easier to see if you order the replacement pieces.

From what I remember, do not put the new pieces together outside of the console panel - since they are difficult to get apart, but it should become clear how they go together looking at them.

Here are removal instructions: Power Outlet Socket Cover Replacement: I Am Looking to See How to ... - https://www.2carpros.com/questions/power-outlet-socket-cover-replacement ... 3. REMOVE POWER POINT SOCKET ASSEMBLY (a)Disengage the claw and remove the power point socket assembly. Pic 2
4. REMOVE POWER OUTLET SOCKET COVER (a) Disengage the 2 claws and remove the power outlet socket cover. Pic 3

When you go to install them (after removing the old pieces), I believe you insert the plastic lid piece from the top side of the console panel and the metal piece from the bottom side.

85535-06020 is the plastic cover surround and lid: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TNNS2VO/
85530-06030 is the metal piece that clicks into it: https://www.amazon.com/Toyota-85530-06030-Outlet-Socket-Assembly/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom