LX 470 Seat Back Pocket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day all
I have a recently purchased 2000 LX and am in the process of base lining and cleaning up niggling problems. This site has proven to be invaluable both prior to the purchase and after. Introduction post to follow soon.

So my question today is regarding the seat back pockets. On my rig I have the appropriate leather covered "hard" panels - not net like the LC. The problem is that there is nothing between the panel and the back of the seat. The panels will pull out about four inches but there is no "side" or "bottom", meaning anything that is put in the pocket promptly falls out onto the floor. It does appear that there are small ferules (for lack of better word) attached to the seat back by rivets. These are located on either side at the bottom of the area that is covered by the "hard" panel. Try as I might, the only thing that I can figure is there might be some kind of cording running through the ferules, possibly net like the LC but between the seat back and the panel.

Can anyone fill me in on what is supposed to be between the seat back and the panel?

Thanks in advance.

I hav the same in my 2002 LX, no sides.
The bottom should clip in the back of the seat though.

It's an elastic strap. I can't remember what it looked like when I had the seat back off. Remove the seat back, I bet you can fashion a new elastic strap.

Good day all
It does appear that there are small ferules (for lack of better word) attached to the seat back by rivets. These are located on either side at the bottom of the area that is covered by the "hard" panel. Try as I might, the only thing that I can figure is there might be some kind of cording running through the ferules, possibly net like the LC but between the seat back and the panel.

Its not cord, it's a small pice of metal rod that runs through the retaining bits on the seat back.

Easiest method to reattach them is to remove the whole seat back, it simply pulls off from the top (there are 2 plastic clips that hold it to the seat frame) and the bottom then lifts up and it comes off.

You can then access the nuts (pretty sure they are small nuts) on the back of the seat panel to loosen the retaining bits, slide them back over the rods in the pocket and reinstall the seat back.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom