LV Hatch Stay Assembly Knobs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For anyone not monitoring the main classifieds - For Sale - Bug Catcher Wing Window Knob Kit - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bug-catcher-wing-window-knob-kit.1222398/page-2

Andy has given the LV slider knob project the green light! Andy!-Andy!-Andy! The sample knob and bare internal nut were shipped today and should be there in 7 to 10 days.

Andy also gave me permission to hijack this thread for a minute to share some ideas and ask for help from anyone interested in new slider knobs. These are some ways you can help:

Raise your hand - Making this a reality requires enough potential buyers to make it worthwhile. So please express your interest! And please read on before you decide.

Help with research - After detaching the slider from the body of my LV and then completely disassembling it to get the knob off, I can assure you that it's a lot of work. I shared an idea with Andy that I believe avoids all that work. The idea is to recreate the knob leaving the space where the nut fits inside it open. This way all you'd have to do is break off whatever's left of your existing knob from the nut, apply some adhesive and slip the new knob over the internal nut and let the adhesive dry. Done! As Andy pointed out, making this "slip-on" idea work requires that the internal nuts be a consistent size to ensure that the adhesive fully secures the new knob to the internal nut. Before shipping, I measured mine at 18.94MM side to side and a 19MM socket fits it perfectly. I compared the nut to the 4 other full knobs I have and they were all the same. It would be great to know what others find.

Offer comments and ideas - Please feel free to point out any additional issues you see with the slip-on idea or offer new ideas or approaches.

Looking forward to this coming together!

View attachment 2574703

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom