Lunch box for non-locking FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
question, I know the lunch box lockers are not ideal, but I have one for a toy 8 inch diff from a v6 runner, will it drop in? better yet could I just drop the entire diff in, assuming my ratios match.... I'm just saving for a Currie rear end, but would like some traction in the meantime

I will make some calls to inchworm and trail gear, I'm guessing nobody knows..:confused:

I have researched this for the rear ARB Locker only. I have the RD132 in my 95 V6 4runner and was wondering if I could reuse it in the FJC with a re-gear. ARBs application chart shows the same diameter axles and 30 spline RD132 for the rear in the FJC, so there may be a chance that other manufacturer's lockers would also be compatible.

Found out the 07-09 FJ cruiser rear diff is no different then the standard 8" V6 diff used in the mini trucks. So all Detroit's, lunch box's, spools will work. I'm not sure why vendors don't list them, maybe its a way to charge more for ARB's, or most likely it's the unknown. I know in 2010 the rear diff changed, due to the weight the the vehicle and too many failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom