LSLC-Houston BBQ (April Meeting) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

frismanis

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.shayahealth.com
April meeting will be held at my house.

Meeting date: April 23rd, 2005
Meeting time: 3:00 pm-whenever.

I'll have a couple kegs of homebrew on tap (IPA & a belgian white). I'll have the grill going, but I must warn you that we (my family) is strictly vegetarian, so we'll have food to eat, but if you want something like steak or ribs you'll have to bring them yourself. We do have some hamburgers and turkey burgers in the freezer that our in-laws bought when they were visiting a couple weeks ago that I'll throw on the grill.

Hope to see some of you there. :)

mantis said:
April meeting will be held at my house.

Hope to see some of you there. :)

A guy could take that a couple ways! :eek:

Was planning to come out to meet some folks, but schedule changes moved a birf job up one week, to today.

Did anyone make it out?

I would like to meet some of you local cruiser heads soon. I'm on my 6th Landcruiser and it's on the way down from NY. Right now I have a '98 LX470....bone stock but in need of mods for sure. My '88 fj62 is a rust bomb but will get the TLC it needs once arriving in Houston soon.

The one Cruiser I regret selling and will build another soon.

Last edited:
Sweet James. I'd be mourning, too! What were you thinking?! :)

Just kidding, I have a cruiser regret as well....I know how it goes.

ahhh yep....the one that got away...:) I miss that truck. '93 with Outback/OME/Slee suspension and 35" SSR's. It went to another great cruiser head in Utah. It's actually on Slee's web site:

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/pictures/reader_adam_tolman.htm

I've been buying Toyota's the last 10 years since I had a bad experience with my Rover days. I had a Defender 90 that weaseled away some serious funds to keep that dam thing running. Fun truck, just a POS.

I sold my '93 LC to buy a '98 LC that I also lifted and put 315 MTR's on it. I was on a roll and bought a '94 fzj80 with 176,000 miles on it but it was in sweet condition and had the factory lockers. This one was going to be my real toy. Then the sob story begins when the fiancé decides she doesn't want to go through the marraige and low and behold, I need to move out and buy my own place. Thus the toys are gone.

I'm starting again with the '98 LX and just bought a rust bucket '88 FJ62 that I want to have fun with starting with SOA. I'm always looking for another fzj80. It doesn't matter if it has high miles, I just want to have fun with it.

Looking forward to meeting with some of the local cruiser heads.

Welcome to the madness!

LOL

mantis said:
A lot of people made it... just no one with a Crusier. :doh:

Well, my apologies for not making an appearance. My trip to DFW was canceled last minute Friday night so I offered to help Tim (tarbe) with his knuckle rebuild. I had thought I could get to Sugarland by three but then Tim decided that we had to rebuild BOTH knuckles (just kidding). :D

I am glad to see this Houston thing gaining some interest. Let's do it again in May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom