lower radiator hose for 1hz in a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
following what I've read on here I tried using stock 80 series radiator hoses for the 1hz I now have sitting in a 60 using Cruiser Brothers engine mounts and a stock 60 radiator with the lower outlet moved over to the right to clear the fan... upper hose seems to fit fine but the lower is several inches short, plus the radiator outlet measures at 1.5" OD (not including the hose retention ridge) and the 1hz inlet measures at 1 5/8" OD (again not including the retention ridge)...

does an 80 have a hardline insert/pipe in between to make up the distance and "step up" from the 1.5" to 1 5/8" diameter? Or what do I need here to make this work?

The hose Georg, @orangefj45 used on my 1HZ conversion is a 16572-17020, which has a 1.5" ID on the radiator end, and is necked out to 1-5/8" on the engine side.

thanks db3 will have one in hand shortly...

would be curious to know what the stock application for that hose (and its recommended mate for upper side 16571-17020) is if not 80 series? Anyone?

would be curious to know what the stock application for that hose
If you put a part number into google, it will nearly always give you a pic and if you keep looking it will tell you what it fits. In this case it fits the HZJ7* models up until 2016 maybe longer. It will be one the easiest rad hoses to get anywhere in the world for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: db3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom