Low Profile Gutter-Mounted Cross Bars (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My search skills must really be on the fritz as I'm sure this is a subject that's been beaten to death on a 30 year old platform.

What's the go-to for gutter mount and cross bars? My truck is naked from the factory. Would like for it to be as close to the roof as possible for low profile, but still allowing decent access for a kayak mount and rod holders.

I've had my eye on Yakima - and I hold no allegiance to any brand - but I am concerned of proprietarity when it comes to selecting mounts. What's everybody running?

Thanks!

Can't go wrong with Yakima and may be able to find good used mounts and crossbars.

I've been running the old school Yakima 1A towers forever.

That’s what I’ve been looking at - Yakima 1A + 58” roundbar.

Would you happen to have a shot of how close the towers bring the bar to the roof? Thanks!

That’s what I’ve been looking at - Yakima 1A + 58” roundbar.

Would you happen to have a shot of how close the towers bring the bar to the roof? Thanks!

This is the best I have of the Yakima bars on the 80

IMG_8732.jpg

Photos of the same mounts and bars on the 60 show it a little better and the roof to bar clearance will be similar.

60scrn.jpg

canoe60.jpg

Can you post a picture with the entire truck? There are literally zero photos online of the 80 with the Front Runner Load Bars. Thank you!
the site has them:
1688742992009.png

Thanks! Those are renderings, but they look very close to the picture.
Yea it looks like they repurpose the full rack feet yet have no need to clear a side railing/support so the clearance looks even closer to the roof with the bars

Sorry crappy pics but battery disconnected doing some work so garage bound. I have a 150w solar panel mounted to the rack.

20230707_092407.jpg

20230707_092307.jpg

that is rad! Thanks. Looks like I may be able to keep the roof ribs in place.
As a data point, with the full Front Runner rack, the top of it is about 6.5" above the top of the rain gutter. Without the full rack, just a set of bars will be lower as was already noted. The crossbars are slotted on the bottom, too, so you can attach ring mounts to the bottom of it and get a little more clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom