Low Beam Light Voltage Drops to Zero (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife's '99 had the passenger side low-beam out so went and got new bulbs for both. Still didn't work.

Removed the passenger replacement bulb, checked connections which looked new, and then tested the voltage. 11.68 volts.

Tested the bulb off of the battery terminals and it worked. Tested voltage on drivers side and it was 11.88 volts.

Made a temporary secondary connection between the bulb and OEM connector to monitor the voltage. It was the same 11.68 volts until I plugged the bulb in and it then dropped to 0 which shows why it's not coming on.

Could this be the cause of the relay? I don't understand how the driver's side can come on but not the passenger. Aren't they connected in parallel?

run a separate ground temporarily and see what happens

Try a 5W light buld instead. if it lights, then the current is not sufficient to light up a 55 W bulb. Could be a corroded fuse pins or failing relay. Try removing the driver side bulb and see whether the pass side light bulb turns on.
As 3_puppes said, could be a failing ground connection.

Found the culprit, it was a bad connector some ways back that had been replaced by a previous owner.

I traced the wires back, undoing the wire conduit until I found where they had spliced a connector in. I re-did the connection and the bulb now works.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom