Losing The Way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had an interest in the Great Western Trail for sometime now, especially those sections that pass thru our fabulous state. However reviews on the Amazon video appear really bad. Millennials crying about what they are attempting to do, maybe they can now use Covid as an excuse now too? Ha ha. Anyways wondering if anyone has watched this, if it is worth watching or better yet, anyone ventured out in it? Thanks 👍

I liked the footage and the scenery but the narration could be a little mono-tune. The trail looks fun to do even if it is just once, but definitely a bucket list trail. @LandCruiserPhil just did the Arizona section of the trail last month.

I have had an interest in the Great Western Trail for sometime now, especially those sections that pass thru our fabulous state. However reviews on the Amazon video appear really bad. Millennials crying about what they are attempting to do, maybe they can now use Covid as an excuse now too? Ha ha. Anyways wondering if anyone has watched this, if it is worth watching or better yet, anyone ventured out in it? Thanks 👍

You will be challenged and see very few people. I did the AZ section over Labor Day and other than the roads fit for a Prius I saw less than 10 vehicles in 775 mile trek.

You will be challenged and see very few people. I did the AZ section over Labor Day and other than the roads fit for a Prius I saw less than 10 vehicles in 775 mile trek.
Thanks for posting this Phil👍

Permits needed it just maps?

Or just maps? Phone🙄

Is that where it starts Phil? And where do we get that “code”? Thanks

Ok I see with the permit you get the code. Bummer it is closed but hot as hell now anyways. Thanks Phil.

Is that where it starts Phil? And where do we get that “code”? Thanks

It starts at the US/MEX border about 15 east Nogales and finishes in CDN.

1594756170010.png

When did you go? That view may have been altered by now. Our company has been shipping a lot of cement that way for the new wall.

Vid turned out to be better than expected. Lots of great scenery. Phil I appreciate your input on this. Hope to piece some Arizona sections together. Not very clear the route taken but certainly saw some Seven Springs, Smiley Rock footage as well.

Vid turned out to be better than expected. Lots of great scenery. Phil I appreciate your input on this. Hope to piece some Arizona sections together. Not very clear the route taken but certainly saw some Seven Springs, Smiley Rock footage as well.

You can DL the complete track they used from Mex border to the CDN border. They ask for a donation and I encourage all to do so. The track makes it super easy just follow the yellow line. It makes it very nice when you are driving long days.

I will say after doing the Arizona section I was impressed that they did it the 4runner

You can DL the complete track they used from Mex border to the CDN border. They ask for a donation and I encourage all to do so. The track makes it super easy just follow the yellow line. It makes it very nice when you are driving long days.

I will say after doing the Arizona section I was impressed that they did it the 4runner
Would I need Gaia the navigation program? Thanks again Phil.

Would I need Gaia the navigation program? Thanks again Phil.

Any app that can import a GPX track will work but Gaia is the best. Yeah I said it.

Ok just downloaded Gaia. Now to find their map👍

Ok just downloaded Gaia. Now to find their map👍

You pick they map layers you want. They provide the track. Tracks do not have maps associated with them regardless of what app you use. It is merely GPS points that create a track.

In Gaia GPS I would suggest Gaia Topo, USFS Roads and Trails, Public Lands, USFS 2016, Satellite layer and maybe the cell coverage layer.

You can download Gaia topo for an entire state without taking up a lot of space. As for the other layers you can pick areas to download or once you have imported the track you can choose download maps along the track, pick the layers and detail (I always choose High) and let Gaia do the rest.

If all of that is confusing head to help.gaiagps.com

You pick they map layers you want. They provide the track. Tracks do not have maps associated with them regardless of what app you use. It is merely GPS points that create a track.

In Gaia GPS I would suggest Gaia Topo, USFS Roads and Trails, Public Lands, USFS 2016, Satellite layer and maybe the cell coverage layer.

You can download Gaia topo for an entire state without taking up a lot of space. As for the other layers you can pick areas to download or once you have imported the track you can choose download maps along the track, pick the layers and detail (I always choose High) and let Gaia do the rest.

If all of that is confusing head to help.gaiagps.com
Just figured it out last night. Sections closer in to Phoenix, Bulldog Canyon and possibly Seven Springs road may be closed to fire presently? Not sure. Good stuff. New to nav stuff via net. “Analog man in a digital world.” Ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom