looks like a cross of Lincoln and Tacoma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is a mini truck, a category that has been abandoned in the US.

to be clear i'm comparing it to my 1st gen tacoma,,, the mahindra was more like a scion XB with a bed maybe, a compact truck? the bed looked huge compared to the cab. and it felt kinda like a small land rover in that my arm needed to be out the window, otherwise it was glued to my ribs.

Yep, compact/mini truck, whatever you want to call it. In the US, every generation of Toyota truck has grown more bulk, the exception being the Stout, it was pretty big. This category no longer exists.

If the option were available, I would strongly consider a Hiace. They are solid, reliable, efficient rigs, that have a ton of room in them for their size. The panel van type would be perfect for my biz.
hiace.jpg

the ARO,, same vehicle as pictured above but the original eastern euro version was a neat low cost vehicle,,, they tried to come into the states in the mid '90's, by importing the bodies and puttting them on s-10 chassis with the 4.3 option, but that never happened either. i got to see a few of them and the build quality was '50's outside 80's inside.

i would really like a hiace also.

p.s. i might still have the sales brochure on the ARO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom