Looking to do Death Valley middle of March, anyone want to join in? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm going to Death Valley from around March 12 to March 20th. Hoping to enter from the north and camp my way down, doing most of the easy to moderate trails.

Anyone interested in coming along?

If I’m not going to cruise Moab Death Valley was next on the list. Around the same time too. Wanted to do a 3-4day run. Manson cabin and Titus canyon were on top of the list. Would be coming from the Bay Area.

I am coming from the Bay Area as well. Last time I was there, Titus Canyon was great. Manson cabin/house was underwhelming.

How many days are you planning? do you have a route? This would be my first time out there but have done Mojave so I’d be use to the Environment.

I’m likely for the following week. No plans as yet.

Options: wildflowers, petroglyphs, hot springs, snowboarding, cool rocks, interesting trails.

If I’m not going to cruise Moab Death Valley was next on the list. Around the same time too. Wanted to do a 3-4day run. Manson cabin and Titus canyon were on top of the list. Would be coming from the Bay Area.
You mean what's left of the Barker ranch where Manson was captured. Sad that I never got to see it before it got burnt down.

I'm still working on the route. I'm hoping to drop in from the north. Google maps says there's no road, but Gaia says there's a route that's been used before off 168 at Gilbert Pass. I was hoping to drop in see the crater, maybe do Titus Canyon and then Camp at Mesquite Springs. Next day down to Texas Springs (at Furnace Creek) and do something in that area (including letting my son go for a swim at Furnace Creek).

I'm hoping to drop in from the north. Google maps says there's no road, but Gaia says there's a route that's been used before off 168 at Gilbert Pass.
I've never been that way, seems like quite an extra ways around. The usual route is Death Valley road., it branches off of 168 just a few miles out of Big Pine. The Eureka Dunes are worth the stop. Have a great trip!

Been in that way a few times. Wanted to try something different and see the Crater at the northern end of the park.

I love it. This post was about March of last year. But, I don't mind thinking about doing it again. But I don't think I'll be vaccinated by March, might have to push it back a little. I'm dying to go.

I did the Mojave trail in March of 2020. It was a nice taste. Still need to get around to doing Death Valley.

I love it. This post was about March of last year. But, I don't mind thinking about doing it again. But I don't think I'll be vaccinated by March, might have to push it back a little. I'm dying to go.
If you're into social distancing, Death Valley is about the ultimate.

:lol:

What are the current reg's and rules around permitting? Canyonlands (i.e.) has drastically increased their driving visitor patrols, but/and decreased the daily driving permit numbers as well. What's the latest for DV?

Okay, March 20 to 27 my kid is on Spring Break. I'm up for a trip then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom