Looking to buy an 03’ LX470 with ~250k ($8-9k) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Needless to say, this will be my first 100-Series. Currently I own a 00’ Acura with 240k on the clock, the cars only downfall is the dead power steering and clunky, yet functional, transmission. I’ve also had to replace parts like the water pump and busted coolant hoses. All this to say, I understand first hand what it means to own a car with this many miles. Are there any issues like this that I should watch for considering the mileage on an LC/LX? I understand all the major particulars with changing the timing belt on time, common rust on the underbody, and the brittle t-joints to the heater core. What else should I be wary of when searching for this vehicle, and considering its mileage, which parts would be nearing the end of their service life? I am planning on owning this car for the next 10 years.

$8-9k is 120 Gx470 budget for that year and mileage.

No impossible but will be a tad harder to find in your budget for 100. Might be a month, might be a year.

$8-9k is 120 Gx470 budget for that year and mileage.

No impossible but will be a tad harder to find in your budget for 100. Might be a month, might be a year.
Yes, thank you for the info. I have settled on the fact that I will not be able to find one in my state for this reason. I’m definently waiting to find the right one at the moment.

They are out there and pop up. I picked up a 2003 LC with 220k on it two months ago for $9k. But i had to leave work and go see it asap to beat the other 12 people wanting to look at it after work.

Though with the LC ive had to do the timing belt, water pump, some other coolant hoses, steering hose leak, door lock motors, and some odd and ends interior bits. Then more baseline items of fuel filter, plugs, heater T's, and tcase/diff fluid. Ive also cleaned up any frame rust and coated it with fluid film for the winters here in CO.

My plan is to have this thing for a while also.

Took me nearly a year to find my 03' LX with 265,000 miles. Cost me $9,500, but did have lots of spendy things repaired/replaced.

I just spent 9800 on an 05 lx 470 with 255K Life long Michigan truck. Interior near mint. Exterior Very good. You can tell it was garaged most of it's life, which was confirmed by the seller. Had my BIL come check it out who is a LC guru/mechanic and he liked it a lot at that price. Owners originally had it priced at 16, the car sat for 2 months at the price, than it dropped to 13,500 2 weeks ago, then down to 12,900. I offered 8K cash in hand. She said she just turned down 9K. We settled on 9800. I would have loved to have gotten it for 9200 or so, but this is an investment. I was not about to let this clean of a truck walk for 600 bucks. Especially since we had 90% of all the service records also. When you find a good seller with a fair price, it's a blessing. Def not a steal, but fair for both of us I think.

I just spent 9800 on an 05 lx 470 with 255K Life long Michigan truck. Interior near mint. Exterior Very good. You can tell it was garaged most of it's life, which was confirmed by the seller. Had my BIL come check it out who is a LC guru/mechanic and he liked it a lot at that price. Owners originally had it priced at 16, the car sat for 2 months at the price, than it dropped to 13,500 2 weeks ago, then down to 12,900. I offered 8K cash in hand. She said she just turned down 9K. We settled on 9800. I would have loved to have gotten it for 9200 or so, but this is an investment. I was not about to let this clean of a truck walk for 600 bucks. Especially since we had 90% of all the service records also. When you find a good seller with a fair price, it's a blessing. Def not a steal, but fair for both of us I think.
OK lets see what 16 years in Michigan and 255k does to a truck, garage or no garage.

Yeah, meant I wanted to see the pictures of the bottom side. Everything else looks mint though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom