looking for supplier of engine coolant hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Called lordco thay dont know have any diagrams on the hoses for my 3b and there prices are fairly high. So is there any parts dealers other then the dealership that have these small hoses that are mounted in front of the head ? The hoses I am talking about are the size of the ones for the heater core.

Lordo has some of my hoses but is clueless as to which hose thay have to match the ones that need replacing.

I am in delta bc. So anything local would be great

4 wheel auto can get them, don't know how cost effective they are though!

maybe Robert Milison of Landcruiser industries. Try him. He's in richmond.

brownbear, yea met robert about a week ago.

He has a nice shop and I think he was curios as to the condition of my cruiser. He liked it alot. Now, napa has more hoses "I think" then lordco does. Asked napa to order in all of them then select what needs to be replaced. Ever hear of the idea of using sulfuric acid to clean out the cooling system? somone who stopped by said so.

Brownbear, do you know where I can get a radiator water level sensor for this vehicle? Dont want to take any unessesary chances of blowing a hose then the head would crack 30 seconds later.

If your hoses are in good condition, they should never blow.

Also the head issue is not as sensitve as a 2L-T model. Thats the small 4 with more head problems.

I think 3 B head cracks are from Toyota design and High egts for 20 yrs.

Also the cracks 3b's are prone to get are not always shutting down the engine or causing problems. You can probably drive with most cracks. And according to many MOST 3b heads are already cracked. And will continue to run fine.

Its when the pre combustion chamber cup drops due to cracks and causes evil.

If your hoses are good. I do not feel a sensor is needed. If you want a better control over the heat, buy a good aftermarket temp gauge. Then you can watch the temps more accurate. Toyota guages are not great in these trucks.

Also think of buying a pyrometer to watch the egts. If they are low when you put the pyro on. You can crank the fuel up a bit and get some serious extra poop.

Of course then you have to watch the gauge when doing hills and highway.

But fun it is.

I agree with brown bear, if you look at the coolent hoese they are very high quality dense braded, alot better then what the big 3 use. No to say they don't wear out, but I havin't herd to many people talking about them bursting, I would wait to see what others say.

cheers

Got two of the free front hoses at head.

Most of these hoses except the radiator supply and retrun hoses are 20 years old. yes, these are original hoses for this truck. I went to buy some aftermarket molded hoses for the front of the head. Thay still have the pin style of clamp for these old hoses and are a bid hard but still flexible. The inside of the hoses is crunchy. I suspect its crusted rust. I just want to replace all of them for the exta insurance that I will not have a cooling system failure and crack a head.

My heater core is still plugged so the air comming out of it is luke warm compared to the hot air comming out of the rear passanger heater.

Without starting my cruiser, which heater core hose is supply? I dont recall off the top of my head if the supply and return hoses are laid out horizontally or verticly. I need to back flush it. Then flush the cooling system one more time.

BTW, is there a grease fitting that I can find/buy for the front spindle assembly on the stearing ball? Need to grease them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom