Looking for some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My name is Brian and I am hoping to find someone who is willing and able to help me with a couple of upgrades on my '92 80 Series.

I live in the SF Valley, have limited tools and workspace (I have a house but no driveway), and very little experience or confidence when it comes to working on vehicles.

I have a 2.5" OME lift and an ARB bumper to install. Although neither of these jobs seem all that difficult, I am a bit scared of steering geometry (everything I know about geometry was learned on a billiards table) and I need an extra set of hands for the bumper.

The back story is that I have owned this truck for almost three years now. It has served as my DD and only seen dirt a couple of times. I want to change that. I want to turn the rig from a street cruiser to a Land Cruiser and start getting it on some trails.

Thanks for reading, and thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help me out.

:cheers:

Brian

My .02

The Trail Crew are a very helpful lot. BUT...

I think it's a little forward to post in a clubhouse for REAL help, versus virtual help right off the bat. Come to one of the monthly meetings, introduce yourself, get to know the guys [and let them get to know you], show some interest in going out with the group, and you will probably find some willing hands in time. We have had build parties at several members houses and shops over the years.There are several 80 series owners in the club.:)

:cheers:

I appreciate that very much. Etiquette isn't a strong suit for me, and when it comes to internet forum etiquette, forget it. Hopefully I didn't offend anybody.

I did it too...

didn't stop to think until afterwards that I was being a little bit rude. Mark pretty much nailed it.

On the plus side, I went to my first meeting earlier this month and plan on attending the meeting in June and formally joining up.

Why don't you come by the next meeting Brian?

We can be new guys at the same time.:)

Is this the guy with the Red Wagon that came to November's Meeting?

We can probably take care of Jack's lift kit and Brian's ARB bumper at the same time in Pasadena.