Looking for advice on a used GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys!
I went to check on a 2005 GX today and I wonder if you guys can give me some advice on it. It has 170k miles and I'm not sure about the rust condition. I'll upload some pictures of the frame and the belt. The major problem have is that they don't know when was the last time the tb was replaced and I couldn't find record on the carfax, also no sticker under the hood. They are asking $9900 for it.
Thanks in advance!!

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0987.jpeg

IMG_0992.png

IMG_0990.png

Looks pretty normal for NY rust, check the passenger frame where the ac drips, mine had a long section that needed to be cut out and welded a new plate there. You can extend the drip hose so it drips below the frame to prevent future issues.

Looks pretty normal for NY rust, check the passenger frame where the ac drips, mine had a long section that needed to be cut out and welded a new plate there. You can extend the drip hose so it drips below the frame to prevent future issues.
Got it, I’ll check it out. Thanks!
But I also checked the part under the rear bumper and it seems much worse, is this going to be a big deal?

IMG_1032.jpeg

IMG_1030.jpeg

That frame is pretty crusty. $9900 is a good deal for a GX, but I'd probably pass if its something you're planning to keep for a long time. It looks to have passed "surface rust" and made it to "structural rust".

I'm with Red here ☝️. There is nearly 0 chance you will be able to unbolt anything from that frame without incident. It's the extensive use of captive/welded nuts inside the frame that will cause you the most frustration....

If you already bought it, congratulations! You'll love it!!! 😆

I'm with Red here ☝️. There is nearly 0 chance you will be able to unbolt anything from that frame without incident. It's the extensive use of captive/welded nuts inside the frame that will cause you the most frustration....

If you already bought it, congratulations! You'll love it!!! 😆
Having said that, it is a fairly good price and it's still 2UZ powered. That's always worth something.

I'm with these guys. First few photos I thought - Eh' not to bad. The last several sent my alarm bells ringing. I would not purchase and keep looking. You'll save more time, frustration and cash in the long term finding a less rust covered frame.

My rear looks about the same. I used to be more concerned about rust, but living in NY it’s just another thing we get to deal with. If you need a good mechanic, let me know. There are a couple out here on Long Island that work on my vehicles, and never have any issues with rusted bolts etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom