Looking for 2001 through 2004 Tacoma, 4 door 4x4. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nifski

SILVER Star
Threads
Hit me up if you know of one in great condition , lower miles the better, looking for older body style.

Russ

Bring a bag-o'cash. Sorry I don't know of one, but when I wad was looking a few years ago they appeared to be gold-plated. Same price range as similar year land cruiser. I don't get it, but it's fantastic if you own one!

Had an 01 double cab years back. Great rig!
Hard to find though in the 4x4 model. Many were the pre runner 2wd. I'll keep an eye out

It's easy to add the bits to a 2wd to make it 4wd, hell the 2wd model already comes with front CV axles. Had a buddy in SLC that did the conversion, he got the parts from a junk yard, did the entire swap for $1200, it may be a bit more expensive in this case but the cost delta of 2wd versus 4wd might sway the decision.

It's easy to add the bits to a 2wd to make it 4wd, hell the 2wd model already comes with front CV axles. Had a buddy in SLC that did the conversion, he got the parts from a junk yard, did the entire swap for $1200, it may be a bit more expensive in this case but the cost delta of 2wd versus 4wd might sway the decision.

I have never seen cv axles on a 2WD but can see needing the front diff, transfer case, driveline, axles, knuckles, etc. Seems like it would be worth it to just wait and buy one ready built imo.

That would be amazingly stupid of Toyota.

Me thinks what he was trying to say is the 2wd spindles (where the uni-bearing bolts to) are the same as the 4wd

upload_2016-4-22_6-55-29.jpeg

I know what a cv axle is, perhaps it was a one off or perhaps it was "exclusive to Utah" who knows but it was a 2002 - 4 door prerunner, rant over ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom