Looking at running the Georgia Traverse 7/8-7/11... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
And I am looking for another rig to go with us.
I am running a well maintained, lifted and armored, LX450 hauling an AT Overland Horizon trailer.
For us, it will be the wife and I, two teenagers and a Scotty dog.
Want to start on the east end and see how far we get by Sunday. Not looking to sprint accross, 50-60 miles per day with stops for waterfalls, swimming, and light hiking.
We are new to Overlanding, but not camping and the outdoors. And as the first rule or off-roading is never go alone, thought I'd try to find a fellow Mudder that would like to join us. Each party is responsible for their own food, fuel, water and toilet accommodations.
Comms via 2m and 70cm HAM and/or MURS. I can provide a handytalky for MURS if needed.
I'm an old school paper map kind of guy and have a route well planned out in conjunction with ON-X Off road and the U.S. Forest service maps. (confirming any road closures with US Forest service)
Start point is 34.89715710369249, -82.99823034069263 between 6:30 and 7PM on 7/7. (can be adjusted as needed, but I would like to hit the first camp site before dark)

Any fellow adventurers up for a drive in the GA mountains?
Rusty

Ah man, the Georgia Traverse! It’s in our list, but Alas! We will be out of town that weekend. I hope you find someone to accompany you and please post pictures!

link to trip report in Up State Cruisers' Club House.

Is this trail ok for a lifted Super Duty on 38’s? It’s a it truck, so more concerned with tight areas

The portions that we did (other than the oops) are all wide open forestry roads or paved town and county roads.
The weren't any tight trees and overhead clearance was fine for us, I never heard my antenna hit and the tip is at around 9ft.

The portions that we did (other than the oops) are all wide open forestry roads or paved town and county roads.
The weren't any tight trees and overhead clearance was fine for us, I never heard my antenna hit and the tip is at around 9ft.
Thanks. Good to know.

I've been wanting to do that trip after seeing some posts on it. Can't commit 100% this far out but I might be up for it. If I can I'd be taking my 200 with an RTT, and probably bring my kids . They'll be 13 and 11 by then. I have to see how it fits with other trips I have in the works.

You're only 4 months late pard... but tell you what, the last trip was aborted due to fan troubles and I still want to complete the trip.... So maybe next spring?

And I am looking for another rig to go with us.
I am running a well maintained, lifted and armored, LX450 hauling an AT Overland Horizon trailer.
For us, it will be the wife and I, two teenagers and a Scotty dog.
Want to start on the east end and see how far we get by Sunday. Not looking to sprint accross, 50-60 miles per day with stops for waterfalls, swimming, and light hiking.
We are new to Overlanding, but not camping and the outdoors. And as the first rule or off-roading is never go alone, thought I'd try to find a fellow Mudder that would like to join us. Each party is responsible for their own food, fuel, water and toilet accommodations.
Comms via 2m and 70cm HAM and/or MURS. I can provide a handytalky for MURS if needed.
I'm an old school paper map kind of guy and have a route well planned out in conjunction with ON-X Off road and the U.S. Forest service maps. (confirming any road closures with US Forest service)
Start point is 34.89715710369249, -82.99823034069263 between 6:30 and 7PM on 7/7. (can be adjusted as needed, but I would like to hit the first camp site before dark)

Any fellow adventurers up for a drive in the GA mountains?
Rusty
We have a group hitting the eastern half tonight through Saturday! Ready to go! My friend has a new Defender, so I’m sure to run circles around him in the FJ40

3E88194E-CFD9-47CD-A7E0-432D60A9C65A.jpeg

Nice looking 40...

So you went West to East? Did you camp along Charlie's Creek Road?

I did the western half already, so we picked up where we left off and headed east. Camped the second night on Charlie’s Creek road, right at the creek crossing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom