looking at 84-86 LC, what about 4runner?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a 84-86 LC or LX450 as an additional vehicle. It will be driven maybe twice per week. It will pull my boat (3500lbs) to the lake, take my dogs to my sons baseball games, and go to home depot. I am in Sacramento and looked at 2-3 vehicles so far. They are somewhat rare and somewhat expensive. There are at least 10 times as many 4runners for sale, about the same price but a bit cheaper.

Are LC really that much better for my situation?? I have always owned german sedans and still do and honestly don't know much about Toyotas and SUVs.

I really would appreciate your advice.

Thanks

A 4Runner would be fine, but I would get one with the 3.4L if you're doing any towing ('96 or later). FJ60s are excellent camping rigs.

I'm assuming since you are posting in the 80 series section you thought that mean 1980's ? IF you are actually asking about 84-86 LC's then you'll want to look in the 60/62 wagon's forum. 80 series refers to 1991-97 for the US. Just letting you know since you said you didn't know much about Toyotas and SUVs. The LX450 the same styling as 91-97 LCs and for more power you'll want a 93-97 LC with the 4.5L inline 6, since you own german sedans... assuming BMW with inline 6's, stick with a LC as 4Runners don't come with inline6's. But like cruiserman said.. if you do end up looking for a 4runner get the 3.4L, as the 3.0V6 is underpowered ( I know I used to have one in an 88 4RUnner)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom