looking at 70 series tomorrow any tips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20170717_184127_zpswo33iuyv.jpg

dam you all. got me rethinking this.

and that's my 80 on the far side in one of the pics.

Looks like transfer case output seal is bad. I would put that radiator cap on all the way and run it. It looks like rusty nasty water stains and it might be loose to reduce pressure(leaky radiator or head).. my 2c but all of it is easily fixed if you are good with wrenches

It looks to need a little refreshing but if the price is right I wouldn't turn it down. Are there a lot to choose from where your at?

not sure of value on these owner is asking about 9400 US. I would just store until I shipped my 80 back early next year
and get them together

above price on track, or keep trucking?

not many pop up here for sale. this is the third SWB 70 series I have noticed. first two had leaf springs and 6cyl motors. one, I was going to get, but it had new engine (4.5 FE) which would be no-go to import. waiting to hear back from other owner

Pretty cool specimen for sure, I would say it's a bit steep price wise but thats also due to the rareness in the market you are in. Good project for sure with tons of support for the drivetrain stateside.

above price on track, or keep trucking?

not many pop up here for sale. this is the third SWB 70 series I have noticed. first two had leaf springs and 6cyl motors. one, I was going to get, but it had new engine (4.5 FE) which would be no-go to import. waiting to hear back from other owner

There is 2 lines of 7* series, we refer to them as heavy and light duty. The coil sprung models are the light duty because they have smaller engines, small diffs, shorter nose etc.
I would go over the engine very carefully, it may be ok, or at least good for a year or 2. Those t/case are not hard to rebuild. It looks fairly unmolested, just neglected as you say.
If the owner dropped the price $1-2k it might be a good buy. These are becoming very uncommon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom