Local Tech Help - Left the sun roof open. . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
. . .and it rained. It was not Noah's flood by any means. I i think it was actually a hard rain for just a couple minutes as a small thunder cloud passed judging by how the road looked/ car looked. Mud on it was not even rinsed off from last weekend. Electronics did not seem saturated as most of the moisture was straight down through the sunroof. Everything worked fine as well on the way to work. I have been runing the heat for a couple hour intervals to dry things out.

The only thing that concerned me was that the steering wheel did not automatically readjust itself back to the driving position. (yes my steering wheel moves itself in and out of the way when the car turns on and off, remember, i am a 100 guy, place ridicule here:)) However, all manually operated electronic controls for it worked.

1- am am worried about the leather drying out, do you think just giving it a good rub down with a conditioner will do

2- any thoughts on the steering wheel issue, seems to be the only electrical issue.

I posted a similar thread in the 100 section, but am not getting a lot of useful feedback. anything helps.

Thanks,
Parker

1. Leather conditioner will work just fine.
2. I don't know anything about this luxury feature, but it could also be mechanical. Maybe some grit washed down in there to prevent movement? I'd just unplug everything, spray some contact cleaner/wd40, then replug it back to see if that 'fixes' the problem.

You might be able to get the moisture out of there faster with the air con on and the air recycling.

1. Leather conditioner will work just fine.

You might be able to get the moisture out of there faster with the air con on and the air recycling.

Agree on both.

Does your A/C compressor cycle on any of the heat settings--i.e. bi-level (dash and floor)? My Trooper does and it works great to keep "fog" off the windshield--more effective than the defrost setting.

There are produces out there for taking moisture out of basements my dad uses them you hang it when it's full you put it in the oven to dry it out. May help

Chris

i have had the anti moisture stuff and it seems to be doing a good job. All electronics started working again, and the leather is looking ok. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom