Local, competent, auto A/C service? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cdaniel

Undocumented Mechanic-I Am Not CDAN
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
zot-art.com
I'm looking for a shop/someone with better equipment than me to track down a slow leak and properly charge an aftermarket a/c system.

Yeah Tucson isn't too local. I suppose the Camelback option could work, though it's a 51 year old Chevy not a Toyota.:hmm:

R134, dye is in and not showing itself. Replaced the service port valves and it still lost vac when I pulled it down closed the gauges.

The most common problem spots where you can't see dye are the front seal of the compressor and the evaporator. Sometimes you can see dye at the evaporator drain tube and if you can take off the front hub off the compressor (sometimes easier said than done) you might see dye inside the pulley.

Yeah I'm thinking the compressor is the culprit. Good tip on the evap drain though. I just looked at it in the dark. No dye. Of course it hasn't really been running in any sort of humidity lately.

Could be I won't need to deal with it now as someone left me a deposit today to take it off my hands as is. We'll see.

At any rate I would still like to find a local that could properly charge the r134 system in the 66 Mustang. I think it would perform better if there was exactly the right charge, not by the gauges vs the ambient temp method.

Cliff,

I would take your Mustang over to the guys at ADS, on Chandler Blvd just east of the tracks near 56th Street. I think you work near there? They always have 3-4 custom cars in there and price very fair. They helped me with changing my R12 system to 134a when I did my engine swap.

Cliff,

I would take your Mustang over to the guys at ADS, on Chandler Blvd just east of the tracks near 56th Street. I think you work near there? They always have 3-4 custom cars in there and price very fair. They helped me with changing my R12 system to 134a when I did my engine swap.

Thanks, that is just around the corner from my work. I'll have to talk with them when the time comes. Could be soon as my truck buyer hasn't made contact to come get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom