Local Businesses used for......... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JToobe

SILVER Star
Threads
So obviously the place to go in the Upstate of SC and probably one of the best in the Southeast, East Coast, Continental United States, Planet Earth and this Galaxy is Trollhole's Cruisers (if you aren't familiar with them, check them out on Facebook) for your Land Cruiser repairs and restorations. Beyond that, I think we need a place to post up other shops we use for everything else to include services other than that for automobiles: who do you recommend for paint & body, tires, locksmith, tree cutting, plumber, electrician, general handyman, etc.

Paint & Body Shop: In midst of having Brookshire Collision in Mauldin repair my '89 FJ62. So far they have been great to work with as I have dragged my feet on getting work done due to $ needed to pay college tuition and they provided me a list of parts needed and allowed me to shop for them on MUD, etc., saving me $. Beemer McHone is who I have been interacting with. Will post up results when they are done.

Locksmith: Just had a great experience with ABC Locksmiths on Rutherford St. (across from WYFF & Salvation Army) as I had bought a valet key for the LX470 off Ebay. They cut it and after I wasn't able to get the key programmed using the instructions off MUD, they were able to do it with an orange box that plugs into the OBD. The LX470 owners forum had stated that the procedures wouldn't work and that an automotive locksmith would be needed to do the programming. $25 to laser cut the key & $35 to do the programming....definitely cheaper than the Lexus stealership!

I'll second Carolina Drive line. They have done many sets of driveshafts for me for the swap trucks. Good folks to work with.

I am a Master Plumber, Master HVAC, and Master Gas Fitter. I'm happy to help anyone of you fine fellows. My company is operated out of Northern VA and I have no plans to open shop down here but that doesn't mean I won't dust off my tools to help a fellow Mud member in a pinch.

Fred’s locksmith, he is a mobile locksmith, I have spoken with a few times and he’s a really nice guy. Had a friend who bought a old toyota pickup and the ignition cylinder was worn slap out and Fred repinned the cylinder and cut new keys for I believe it was around 35 bucks. But none the less, it’s a lot easier option than replacing the cylinder yourself.

If you ever need hardware that you can’t get off the shelf let me know, I work for The Hillman group and we have over 120k skus of hardware out there. Recently ordered a guy some stainless steel 316 due to the caustic cleaning agents they had to use in the clean room. So if ya need something hit me up and I’ll see what I can do.

I have been buying tires from gwinns tire pros for 24 years now. He has his own warehouse so he usually is pretty darn cheap. I have never left there with a bad taste in my mouth doing business with him. Located in easley!

Also brezeale sand blasting and painting in easley. Haven't down business with him personally as of this date but I have a trailer heading his way soon enough. I believe Trollhole uses him though.

We've used Lake Forest Flooring in the past for carpet and linoleum in past. Very professional and backed up their work. Would highly recommend.

Also, does anyone have experience with a machine shop? Got a VW crank to have cleaned up.

I also am in need of some recommendations for a machine shop my 4runner 3.0 heads are going to need some work

Who has the best deal on a winch locally before I go the Amazon route. Not doing Harbor Freight. I noticed that one of the Amazon vendors for ENGO winches is Krawl Offroad and they are in Anderson. I can also get a SuperWinch at Northern Tool. Who else?

Who has the best deal on a winch locally before I go the Amazon route. Not doing Harbor Freight. I noticed that one of the Amazon vendors for ENGO winches is Krawl Offroad and they are in Anderson. I can also get a SuperWinch at Northern Tool. Who else?
Check with trollhole and southeast overland in Seneca.

Check the ONSC board, I recall @Izzyandsue selling one as he bought a newer model. Also a guy in GA selling a brand new Warn. @Wadesters maybe.....

Check the ONSC board, I recall @Izzyandsue selling one as he bought a newer model. Also a guy in GA selling a brand new Warn. @Wadesters maybe.....
I remember Izzy's SuperWinch and will see if it is still around. Not dropping Warn $$ right now though. Buy once, cry once may apply, but my budget reminds me that this is more for hobby use and I will just do my darndest to not need to use the winch in the first place.

I have had really good experiences with https://www.4wheelparts.com. Bought a bunch of stuff from them, including my winch. They are in Atlanta and the shipping is alway fast and free.

The only crankshaft place I could find was Spartanburg Crank. I would highly recommend based on my experience. I took the crank in and before they even talked quote they had it on a bench and were measuring. My crank was really worn out on the thrust journal, and they honestly told me that they could fix it but weren't sure it would last. They suggested I find another crank.

All they do is crankshafts though. They had some giant cranks in there and were willing to look at my little vw crank.

Good service in my book.

Last edited:
Anyone recommend an exterior painter?

What about a concrete guy for driveways?

What about a concrete guy for driveways?
Check out made nu construction on facebook. Cousin of mine but does good work.

So crickets on painter recommendations......what about someone to remove or trim back trees??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom