LJ78 Wiper Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if there is a replacement wiper motor for the LJ78 series?

The original part number is 85110-90K08.

I have taken apart my wiper motor to find that the copper wire is burned badly and was looking to rewind the motor with 0.4mm wire.

However, the pins holding the "pig tail" loops are not coming loose. I have tried with a soldering iron and thin screwdriver to loosen the pins, but no luck.

Any thoughts?

Hello,

You may want to try this part number: 85110-60201.

Hope this helps.

Juan

Hello,

You may want to try this part number: 85110-60201.

Hope this helps.

Juan
Thank you. That may actually work.

I have found one today - Wrecking Toyota Hilux LN106 4WD 10/88-09/97 Front Wiper Motor - http://www.4wdpartsworld.co.nz/eziparts/Display_Product.asp?VehicleID=2108&PurchaseOrderID=0&StockItemID=204904&Location=4wdpartsworldconz&PartDesc=Toyota%20Hilux%20LN106%204WD%2010/88-09/97%20Front%20Wiper%20Motor

It looks exactly the same as the one I have but from a Hilux, LN106.

There is also carpartsdirect - https://www.carpartsdirect.asia/pro...ser-70-bj70-fj70-hzj75-hzj79-lj70-pzj75-rj70/

Not sure about carpartsdirect? I have recently ordered through MegaZip that also looked dodgy, but the parts did arrive :)

Thank you for the feedback. Greatly appreciated.

I have found one today

I hope it fits. The parts diagram doesnt show it crossing into the Hilux range. JuanJ's number fits all 7* series before 07

1614605155695.png

I was going to add you could probably mix and match parts. Good to see its all fixed

I'm planning to purchase that wiper motor 85110-60201 for a pre 1990 lhd hd 70 series. Toyodiy shows this fitting 70 series from 1990 on. Visually I can tell the electrical connector is different, but can anyone confirm if this will bolt up to the firewall and fit the same linkage without modification? As best I can tell the motor I'm replacing is equivalent to 85110-90K10 and is covered from '84-'06.

I'm planning to purchase that wiper motor 85110-60201 for a pre 1990 lhd hd 70 series. Toyodiy shows this fitting 70 series from 1990 on. Visually I can tell the electrical connector is different, but can anyone confirm if this will bolt up to the firewall and fit the same linkage without modification? As best I can tell the motor I'm replacing is equivalent to 85110-90K10 and is covered from '84-'06.
From my experience with my LJ78 wiper motor:

- The mounting plates may be different.
- The motors are not complex. If needed, you should be able to rebuild the new motor electronics onto your current backing plate. This worked in my case.
- Connectors - should be an easy cut and solder job :)

Does anyone know if there is a replacement wiper motor for the LJ78 series?

The original part number is 85110-90K08.

I have taken apart my wiper motor to find that the copper wire is burned badly and was looking to rewind the motor with 0.4mm wire.

However, the pins holding the "pig tail" loops are not coming loose. I have tried with a soldering iron and thin screwdriver to loosen the pins, but no luck.

Any thoughts?
I had to deal with this on my rear wiper motor of a KZJ78 a few months ago. There was a great amount of vanish on the commutator's pins and the loops were all baked in varnish (which is good for protection from moisture but a pain for the rewinder.

I ended up using a few drops of acetone dripped from a popsicle stick to gum up the varnish locally as to not potentially harm the rest of the commutator (the plastic part under the copper) I then heated up a small local area (~3 pigtails) with a small butane torch. That did the trick and I was able to bend the pins out without much trouble.

I also recall having the same problem once before on an HZJ80 but instead I just gambled on a replacement armature from a first gen Highlander IIRC and it was a direct replacement. I chose that armature purely on online pictures of the housing and some educated guesses. Worth the shot.

Cheers!

Hey all- any confirmation on 85110-60201 being 24v and/or BJ7x compatibility? Trying to find a replacement for 85110-90K09
Thanks

- A guy who needs wipers in the winter

Last edited:
That is a 12V part.

24V iterations are discontinued from Toyota.

Have your's fixed or find a used one.
Thank You Onur, I was secretly hoping you'd be the one to answer. Seems like the whole 24v system will eventually be obsolete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom