LJ78 Prado Auto to Manual Conversion project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello there! i have been a lurker in this forum and its about time for me to ask a question. I am in the process of converting my 92 LJ78 Prado 2LTE Auto transmission to a G52 4x4 manual transmission which i currently have. i intend to mate the G52 from a pick-up hilux to the 2LTE engine and the 19 spline split case that came from the prado to the back of the G52. from my measurements, to retain factory propeller shafts and cross member location, i need a 1 1/8 inch plate to serve as an adapter to mate the transmission and the transfer case. also, a custom input shaft for the transfer case is needed to match the length and the female spline of the G52. i tried emailing advance adapters but the guy's reply is that they do not have a kit for my application and does not know any company whom they can refer me to for such. Actually i was asking if they can custom build me one and how much would it cost. Question- is there any way i can contact advance adapters directly or any other company that can help me address the issue? thanks all in advance.

Hello there! i have been a lurker in this forum and its about time for me to ask a question. I am in the process of converting my 92 LJ78 Prado 2LTE Auto transmission to a G52 4x4 manual transmission which i currently have. i intend to mate the G52 from a pick-up hilux to the 2LTE engine and the 19 spline split case that came from the prado to the back of the G52. from my measurements, to retain factory propeller shafts and cross member location, i need a 1 1/8 inch plate to serve as an adapter to mate the transmission and the transfer case. also, a custom input shaft for the transfer case is needed to match the length and the female spline of the G52. i tried emailing advance adapters but the guy's reply is that they do not have a kit for my application and does not know any company whom they can refer me to for such. Actually i was asking if they can custom build me one and how much would it cost. Question- is there any way i can contact advance adapters directly or any other company that can help me address the issue? thanks all in advance.

I believe the LJ79 came from the factory with the G52? Maybe look it up on the electronic parts catalog and compare all the part number to the items that you have. Then you can figure out what you need to buy. Compare this one: 1990 - 1996 Toyota LAND CRUISER LJ79 OEM Parts | General sales region, , 936351 to this one: 1992 - 1993 Toyota LAND CRUISER LJ78 OEM Parts | Japan sales region, , 910806

If you have the opportunity, the R151F is a better option. It's the transmission that came with the 2LTE. It's made for more power/torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom