Little easier FSM tip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently got an FSM off ebay and when I got it the glue in the binding was giving away, which made it a PITA when doing a valve adjustment recently on my 96FZJ80

Sooo, I took all the pages out of the cover, section by section, three hole punched them and put those little round plastic reinforcements over every hole and put each section in a washable plastic heavy duty binder.

Then I used my cookbook holder from Williams Sanoma to both keep it open and protect it from grease. The holder holds it upright and has a plexiglass cover that keeps the pages open and dirt free.

The best part is that the pages lay flat with the binder, I only have to bring the section I need and the sections are much more portable when I want some reading material.

I love my FSM, but don't want to buy another one anytime soon.

Hope this helps somone.

ah..............you bought a bootleg FSM.....that is not the real deal.....thats why its falling apart :(

don't feel bad.........your not the only one.

but good tip none the less

John

Not so fast my friend....I got mine from Dan...and I have pages falling out :frown: ...Mine is just over a year old and HASN'T been abused. I photocopy any pages I need for repairs to take to the garage. I thought about doing this but 3 hole punching 3,000 pages isn't my idea of fun.

You can take it to staples or Office Max, or another office supply store. They can do it for you. I also put in plastic tab dividers for the sections. Works much better.

It is a real FSM, but the second half was seperating at the top of the book and I was always afraid that if I flexed it hard enough, the pages would scatter every where. The summer heat only seemed to make it worse.

guess they got cheap, even my 40 year old FSM's are not falling apart......

FWIW, I don't know how many are holding out for these "great" deals on ebay, but you can get a new one shipped to your door from c'dan for around $70 IIRC. Most of the ones on Ebay are at least $50, have a shipping/handling fee of about $15 and they're used with the binders coming apart etc...

So if you don't mind me asking, what'd you get yours for?

C Dan for $70 ish...

my roomate had the same thing happen to the FSM for his Ducati. he came up with the same solution. although the entire thing is about as big as one section in ours, it's still a great idea. now if we could've only kept the actuall bike from coming apart as fast as the manual...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom