Lifting my LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I go with Kings, I'll probably choose SPC

If I go Dobinsons, I'll use their UCA; thats what that LC I posted has and he has no issues. Its a mall crawler, but hes lifted 3" on true 35's
I use mine pretty hard with Dobinsons/Kings on 33s. Definitely NOT a mall crawler.

Keep in mind, the Dobinsons arms are fixed geometry - but have made in Japan Triple5/555 replaceable ball joints, and factory like rubber bushings.

I'm at 2.5"+ lift and it aligned right where I wanted it.

I use mine pretty hard with Dobinsons/Kings on 33s. Definitely NOT a mall crawler.

Keep in mind, the Dobinsons arms are fixed geometry - but have made in Japan Triple5/555 replaceable ball joints, and factory like rubber bushings.

I'm at 2.5"+ lift and it aligned right where I wanted it.

Thank you!

And hers is just a mall crawler for now lol. Once its lifted I might get her to hit some trails.

Same benefits of Kings but less bling in the appearance factor. Might consider the OME UCA's to match as well. Still falls under the "having the best" category.
This is simply untrue. OME is not equal to Kings in any way whatsoever. You simply cannot compare a monotube shock to a tuned remote reservoir setup. Having run both on my LC, the Kings are far superior. Ben will hook you up for your use case.

True, but I like having the best. I’ve considered dobinsons as well. Ironman is damn near the same price.

The lead time isn’t as bad as advertised. Took less than 2 months for my kings for my 4Runner to arrive; I just ordered them at the beginning on dec from Accutune
To each their own, but spending that kind of money to just "have the best" is not my bag, given the other potential downsides from maintenance and my lack of use case for such a setup. Dobinson makes some pretty sweet setups as well, I'm currently in the process of getting their set of IMS coilovers installed. Looks like you'll have a sweet cruiser in the end.

To each their own, but spending that kind of money to just "have the best" is not my bag, given the other potential downsides from maintenance and my lack of use case for such a setup. Dobinson makes some pretty sweet setups as well, I'm currently in the process of getting their set of IMS coilovers installed. Looks like you'll have a sweet cruiser in the end.
with all due respect, "spending that kind of money" referring to just a few $k on a $70k vehicle isn't a biggie for me. The difference between the cheapest set up and the set up I want is less than $1,500. King's mounting solutions look better and their reputation is excellent.

I think Dobinsons MRR and Kings are very similar and I'm probably choosing between them. I'll have them tuned by Accutune or whoever I order them from to wifeys driving style, but I'll still be able to take it when I want and tear it up off road from time to time.

This is simply untrue. OME is not equal to Kings in any way whatsoever. You simply cannot compare a monotube shock to a tuned remote reservoir setup. Having run both on my LC, the Kings are far superior. Ben will hook you up for your use case.
Just curious here, but as far as I know the Kings are also Monotube dampers, with the exception of their emulsion style dampers. So they can be comparable in function to the OME BP-51's on paper. Both offer very similar feature sets, even down to the internal bypass setups.

Just curious here, but as far as I know the Kings are also Monotube dampers, with the exception of their emulsion style dampers. So they can be comparable in function to the OME BP-51's on paper. Both offer very similar feature sets, even down to the internal bypass setups.

@Cruisin911 were you thinking about OME's standard suspensions or the remote-res BP-51?

with all due respect, "spending that kind of money" referring to just a few $k on a $70k vehicle isn't a biggie for me. The difference between the cheapest set up and the set up I want is less than $1,500. King's mounting solutions look better and their reputation is excellent.

I think Dobinsons MRR and Kings are very similar and I'm probably choosing between them. I'll have them tuned by Accutune or whoever I order them from to wifeys driving style, but I'll still be able to take it when I want and tear it up off road from time to time.
What part of DFW are you in? I've got a King setup valved by Filthy that you can test drive to see what you think. Hands down echo what others are saying here, for King there is no substitute for Ben and Filthy Motorsports.

What part of DFW are you in? I've got a King setup valved by Filthy that you can test drive to see what you think. Hands down echo what others are saying here, for King there is no substitute for Ben and Filthy Motorsports.
Thanks man thats very nice of you.

I'm in North DFW; work in Plano, live in Little Elm

Just to clarify, my above comment was referring OME BP-51 which is an adjustable remote reservoir setup.....not regular OME Nitrocharger Sport Shocks, completely different category of suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom