Lift questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've narrowed down my choice of lift between toytec 3 inch and OME 3 inch. Can anyone persuade me to one over the other.

I've installed both of those on various trucks, and both are good. For me it would come down to spring rate and what other accessories (weight) I was going to add to the truck. Lower spring rate will give you a better ride and more flex; higher spring rate will support more weight without sagging over time. OME has quite a bit of choice in spring rates, not sure about ToyTec, it's been a long time since I installed one of theirs. Both are good companies that stand behind their products.

I think I am leaning towards the OME with medium load springs front and rear. Going to be primarily driven on the road but want something that can handle going offroad on occasion too. Plus I have a 3000lb boat that I tow on occasion so I think the medium springs in the rear will be good. Don't need anything hardcore as I already have my 80 series for that stuff.

I think I am leaning towards the OME with medium load springs front and rear. Going to be primarily driven on the road but want something that can handle going offroad on occasion too. Plus I have a 3000lb boat that I tow on occasion so I think the medium springs in the rear will be good. Don't need anything hardcore as I already have my 80 series for that stuff.

I think that will be a good choice. The OME heavies are very stiff; most guys even with heavy bumpers and winches, towing, etc. are happy with mediums. Way firmer than stock, but not excessively so. Actually handles better than stock, and eliminates the front-end braking dive.

I have had good on-road and great off-road experience with my Walker-Evans set-up. Much better than the TTSE Bilstein set-up on both counts. The fronts are adjustable for leveling and left-to-right elevation. Bought them thru All-Pro. Gave me good lift (3inch), great traction, feel on road, but boy, off-road they really shine. Just my 2c. I have heard many claim OME are excellent too, and lots like ToyTec; I have no experience with either but can attest to W-E. I am enjoying this suspension daily.

I installed toytec 3" adjustable on my wife's FJC and the ride is way better than the TRD suspension it came with. Off road and on it is great. It has a winch on it and Expedition one trail series Diamond bumpers. I added air ride bags in the rear coils for when we tow our aluminum off road camper. They are a must for towing anything. Very stable. Just saying.

graham5david, please right up your experience with the choice you made. I am close to getting my 16 year old son a Taco and would welcome input on suspension choices for his benefit. Thanks.

I ordered the 3 inch toytech boss lift yesterday .It was 1400 with shipping. Once I added up the cost of the OME ( with assembly of the front struts, diff drop, etc ...) The price would have been about 200 Iess than toytec. So I decided to spend the extra on a much better looking kit. Just couldn't talk myself into the yellow ome under the cement tte

I ordered the 3 inch toytech boss lift yesterday .It was 1400 with shipping. Once I added up the cost of the OME ( with assembly of the front struts, diff drop, etc ...) The price would have been about 200 Iess than toytec. So I decided to spend the extra on a much better looking kit. Just couldn't talk myself into the yellow ome under the cement tte

I'll post up pics once I install it

Parts are starting to come in. Just waiting on the rear shocks .

20180515_172532.jpg

20180515_172525.jpg

Finished. I was worried that the lift would make the tires look too small but I think it looks ok. I will probably add some meatier tires when these wear out.

I have to say the ride is amazing with the new set up. Now I need to decide on new tire size. Leaning toward 295/75 r16 but concerned about rubbing on the upper control arm. If they rub I may need 1 inch spacers and frame chop. What is everyone else running with the 3 inch lift

I like the new stance of your FJC. I agree that it deserves a new set of bigger tires.

I run 285/75 R16 KM2's with no prob. I will go up a size the next time I need tires. I did the body mount chop and left the rubber guards in place and I have not come close to hitting them with my current tires. I have a 3 inch lift with Walker-Evans suspension. I am interested in hearing anyones comments on the new KM3's. I might buy them next year when I need new rubber.

I've been running BFG 315s for the last 8 years. I get some rubbing on the firewall side of the wheel wells at full lock and some compression of suspension but not enough to bother me. I've done the BMC and removed the rubber liners...and even hammered on the firewall a bit.

I will probably need tires later this year. Still goin with KO2s for as little mud as I do. I've got about 40K on them now and expect to get another 10K. The KM2s I have had in past (two sets) were great and I got a little over 40K out of them, but they get loud after 30K. The new KM3s look great though.

When I do wheel, I tend to beat them up at places like Hot Springs ORV or Katemcy Rocks. These KO2s have not prevented me from doing anything I used to do with KM2s at these parks. Last year we did a few trails in Sand Hollow, UT and aired down KO2s were perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom