1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lift questions

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by graham5david, Apr 11, 2018.

1. graham5david

graham5david

I've narrowed down my choice of lift between toytec 3 inch and OME 3 inch. Can anyone persuade me to one over the other.

2. 1911

1911 chupacabra

Media:
    Albums:
    I've installed both of those on various trucks, and both are good. For me it would come down to spring rate and what other accessories (weight) I was going to add to the truck. Lower spring rate will give you a better ride and more flex; higher spring rate will support more weight without sagging over time. OME has quite a bit of choice in spring rates, not sure about ToyTec, it's been a long time since I installed one of theirs. Both are good companies that stand behind their products.

firensteel and graham5david like this.
  3. graham5david

graham5david

I think I am leaning towards the OME with medium load springs front and rear. Going to be primarily driven on the road but want something that can handle going offroad on occasion too. Plus I have a 3000lb boat that I tow on occasion so I think the medium springs in the rear will be good. Don't need anything hardcore as I already have my 80 series for that stuff.

4. 1911

1911 chupacabra

Media:
    Albums:
    I think that will be a good choice. The OME heavies are very stiff; most guys even with heavy bumpers and winches, towing, etc. are happy with mediums. Way firmer than stock, but not excessively so. Actually handles better than stock, and eliminates the front-end braking dive.

5. firensteel

firensteel

I have had good on-road and great off-road experience with my Walker-Evans set-up. Much better than the TTSE Bilstein set-up on both counts. The fronts are adjustable for leveling and left-to-right elevation. Bought them thru All-Pro. Gave me good lift (3inch), great traction, feel on road, but boy, off-road they really shine. Just my 2c. I have heard many claim OME are excellent too, and lots like ToyTec; I have no experience with either but can attest to W-E. I am enjoying this suspension daily.

graham5david likes this.