Lift Kit that feels most like Factory? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dont do spacers in the rear. There is no point. Just get new springs, you can get an oem set for $200-300. You can up your load handling too if you so wish.
My truck has low miles (original owner did not drive much). How will getting new OEM springs in the rear give me a lift? Thanks

My truck has low miles (original owner did not drive much). How will getting new OEM springs in the rear give me a lift? Thanks

It wont and will actually fight lowering (and be stiff etc). Easiest way to lift is to sensor adjust and then get a taller spring in there to compensate for the shock carrying more load and bring things back in balance.

I personally dont look at price but value. $100 for some plastic or $200 for actual real OEM springs is a no brainer to me.
But in real terms its "double" the price. I bet someone on MUD would even gift you their old springs.
I would but mine are the "soft" short LX pair and one has a hairline crack.
I do not really need old springs. I would not consider mine old (2018 with 56kmiles) either and they are fine. I just want the additional slight raise in the back. Not sure replacing mine with similarly used ones would solve my problem. I will go the spacers route. Didn't hear anything bad about them (safety-wise). But thanks for the suggestion.

I do not really need old springs. I would not consider mine old (2018 with 56kmiles) either and they are fine. I just want the additional slight raise in the back. Not sure replacing mine with similarly used ones would solve my problem. I will go the spacers route. Didn't hear anything bad about them (safety-wise). But thanks for the suggestion.

I forget if you are talking LC or LX?

If it were me id just get some HE springs then. I believe should give you a bit of lift. Please double check that though.

I wanted to go with front spacers and Dobinson variable rear springs (c59-559v). They say on their website 10mm lift but most sites including Dobinson direct say it is a 1” lift which is too much to mate with the front spacers.

I wanted to go with front spacers and Dobinson variable rear springs (c59-559v). They say on their website 10mm lift but most sites including Dobinson direct say it is a 1” lift which is too much to mate with the front spacers.

Linking here my answer in the other thread Re. rear spacers. So far, great option to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom