Lift comparison (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would this be a good KING set up for an FJ. I will mostly be doing daily driving, and just unpaved/graveled roads to get to good secluded camping sites. No rock climbing for me.

KSFJ10 - King Complete Kit for 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser

That's what i have on my '08FJ. No issues so far... And in addition to the Icon debate, i walked into the local off road shop here in Albuquerque to get 700lb springs swapped onto my Kings. The owner used to work for Icon. He thanked me for buying Kings because he said if i had walked in with Icon's he would have told me to leave. He flat out told me he will not work on Icons because of all the issues he's had to deal with both on the manufacturing side and the business end.

I have read good things about OME BP-51 kit. I am considering the OME BP-51 kit and the King Complete Kit.

Good enough for Andrew:

Last edited:
my buddy has and loves his OME BP-51's

Reactions: SSG
i recently installed toytec 5100 bilstein adjustable coilovers front and boss shocks rear. i am happy with the ride quality and my FJ (In my opinion) feels and drives a lot better.

I loved my 5100's. if I didn't go with Kings I would have upgraded to the 6112's.. most Bilstein's also have a limited lifetime warranty

Too little too late. But, I've got the Icon stage 3 on my 2012. Had them about 6 months. Not any extreme use, but a fair amount of rough trails at high speeds. No leaks. Everything is holding up well. Only thing negative (I knew buying them) Icons are soft at high speed and stiff at low, opposite of Kings. So slow bumps and dips like on bad city roads can be rough as hell. But at high speeds it's floats. I'd buy them again no worries.

I love my OME regular setup. 885 up front with OME shocks and toytec springs in the rear with extended ome shock. I have had the setup on my DD and gone wheeling and I’m glad I have a more “set and forget” setup. I am so glad I didn’t overspend on a different setup. This feels and performs awesome. To each their own but this was definitely right for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom