Lexus Wheels on a LJ78? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm curious if anyone knows how well modern wheels like these fit on a 78 series. The lug pattern is correct, and I think the center hole is large enough, but I'm worried about the offset. Anyone tried these?

00y0y_bhTkskvZH4O_1200x900.jpg

I don't know the model of Lexus that they came off of, but I found the ad for them on a forum for the FJ Cruiser, so for the sake of argument, let's say they have the same offset as the stock wheels for the FJ Cruiser which is +15. What size spacers would I need to make this work?

To make it easier it is the back spacing that is important. Lay a flat edge across the inside outer edge of the wheel, measure from there to the wms (wheel mounting surface) and you have the back spacing. Compare to a 70-series and you have solved it yourself.

;)

Cheers

Unfortunately the offset is wrong on almost all the newer Toyota rims. All positive offset, which means the wheel is set in closer to the hub. As said above, the OEM rims are zero offset. But they are only 6" wide. So really, with a wider rim, you'd want -ve offset to give the same clearance. Wheel spacers are an option. I've never liked the idea of them though. Best just to get an after market rim.

Unfortunately the offset is wrong on almost all the newer Toyota rims. All positive offset, which means the wheel is set in closer to the hub. As said above, the OEM rims are zero offset. But they are only 6" wide. So really, with a wider rim, you'd want -ve offset to give the same clearance. Wheel spacers are an option. I've never liked the idea of them though. Best just to get an after market rim.

They are illegal in Australia apparently. But lots of things are illegal in Australia. Except driving on beaches, which is illegal here. I don't like the idea of spacers.

Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD

I understand the concerns about spacers. It is a potential weak point. The truck came with some Bergs that have seen better days but might clean up nicely.

xiv86vBgnc1t9z89zIz9-gIdUUDOVkXjhrZUK0e_U1wP-0GZNJZUolsNhBBhhSqaf1ZVxAn2CN_QFJJfkvYKPoUi2AfuWhHGFy_bhAoK4wIti_mzPMSASNCHd8BlPCLILVANbwbNnzshUbHWR8n_4gqYu_mlC7cCWGjhfmQGM_lVUnBa0e6EqQISE4UYYsUAzrGa4ltIT2Pivd_oQjM_atux611Fsc0mKj5mhHUGQ15taLlWeBYafuxyGGysvk1rCzybjiBVjdzPKQcLDlyyAG5fQXZMDCf8GDtHLF1SsSpijIfoMMbaTkS4_tGR-zVrELXvYweNPJ38cw_auwZFoYmfV0j7ik3Om9YnDr92IbkSOzOq8ju_GLktqaxt-JG3ByDPkGvah5Xt-EZP34mwuVqFxpnFTqM6gkilPi5KP-C0ka4o9JrHFJRrqPBzcBeQYn9tImELFCk2xEd84EYsBhq2_KasnlnrqKzIa2ueVY4vlyxBDg5DSrkAdVc1ZSadqczBgqaW_Kaa1zWZ86rMSlGQR1Zlhv7CgCq6cmuWZSsBeS2NAx4u5CdCjviiuCbk1Q6xeSDf9HgDFLs2h5huMfrjXJAJcXM5T0RdjFKYqA=w2368-h1775-no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom