Lexus phone app for lock/unlock, start, and more! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2m

Richard
Threads
I was thinking about my rig and phone apps, and the two came together. So I did a little search and found this:

Here's the Android app: Lexus Enform Remote - Apps on Google Play

So looking at these, they are only available for >2015 which means a no-to for my 2013.
But... Does anyone know if this can be added to pre-2015 models? What it is that makes it work? Could it actually be something as simple as a plug-n-play like the Multi Terrain add-on??

I love the idea that if I ever lose my key fob (which I did once and was totally stuck until my daughter came with my extra key), I can lock/unlock, start, etc. from anywhere! Not just within 50 feet of the vehicle, but anywhere there is cell service.

You need to install the RES+ version of remote start. I have just short range RES which just does remote start.

First off: Thanks for a path to go down!
I called my local Lexus dealer parts dept and they said that they don't even have a part number any longer for it.
BUT... I did a little more online research and found this: 2010-2015 Lexus GX460 Remote Start App PT398-60151 | DiscMonster

BUT... Yes, another BUT... as I was looking at website above, my dealer just called me back and told me he WAS able to find the part number. He said the part number above is JUST for the key fob. The ACTUAL part number is PT398-60151 and it IS available and over $500.00. Installation is about 3 hours, so another $600.00, bringing it up to about $1100-1200 installed.

So I guess if one were to purchase the one online, has anyone ever done an install? I wonder if it's as easy as the Multi Terrain or more like the Crawl Control where you have to do some programing to the ECU?

Found this.. but it has the same issue as the factory remote start in that the engine cuts off once you open the door. So you have to restart your engine once you get in the vehicle.

EDIT: Here's another one by DEI (very well known for car alarms and remote start options). EDIT 2: looks like you have to plug it into the OBD II port. Not a fan of having to do that.
AMAZON: Remote Start for LEXUS 2010-2015 GX 460

Last edited:
My reason for wanting this RES+ feature are several fold. I like the idea of remote start, but most importantly the idea if I'm in a store, mall, hike, basically anywhere I can get cell service I can lock my car if I get one of those brain farts and can't recall if I locked it before walking away.
And finally the biggest reason... wait for it! ... is to be able to unlock my rig if I should EVER lose my key fob.
That already happened to me once and was totally stuck until I could get my daughter to drive 45 minutes to get me my spare!
That will NEVER happen again. I now have a spare remote in a Faraday pouch hidden IN my vehicle and a physical hard key (no chip) hidden on the exterior somewhere. But it'd be easier to just unlock with my phone.

Even normal RES is more involved than Crawl. I was able to get the RES kit for $100 and install myself.

RES Install

Here is a RES+ install on a ES... can't seem to find a published one for a 460. Seems more involved that RES.

as well as troubleshooting system on a RX
So you're Acrad35751 on ClubLexus?? I have the same name on both if you ever see it on CL threads.
Anyways, back on topic, I didn't think there was so much "stuff" in the package? I may save this for after I add my MT and Crawl Control to my rig. This is lower on the priority list considering I have the hidden extra key thing taken care presently. ;)

When I'm ready I will definitely be referencing your posts on installation!
Thank you!!

You put out a lot of good tech info, how-to's, etc.!

I'm having trouble finding this for a 2018? Anyone better on google than me?

Also I assume you can download techstream somewhere? I saw the cable to order...

I'm having trouble finding this for a 2018? Anyone better on google than me?

Also I assume you can download techstream somewhere? I saw the cable to order...
Not sure what you're looking for. Is it techstream sofeware or??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom