Lexus LX470 Speaker Upgrade/Install w/ Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay I'm not a car person, but the only reason I ever want to have one was to travel down the road with music I really enjoy and played to perfection (not loud but Crisp) like a big cinemascospe movie screen

Your truck setup is not feasible for my Polar Bear since we need every square inch of space, but hey a man can dream..

Thanks for sharing..

Gonna revive this thread because i used the same speakers. I have an 03lx470 with the ML system.

So far i just had time to do the fronts. I found that when using the included crossovers the sound was not as clear. I left them out and they sounded great. I would like a 4 channel amp tho. I already have a 10 inch sub in the back So at this point im just being nitpicky

Adding to this thread because why not, I did ust it for inspiration.

I have a 2000 LX470 with the Nakamichi setup. Kept the factory amp for the time being, but I am running a Sony AX5500 instead of the stock nakamichi deck. Used Polk 6502 in the front doors and Polk 652's in the rears. I just glued the tweeters into the tweeter covers after hogging them out with a die grinder, seems to work great. No cutting needed on the box however the woofer fitment on both front and rear doors is very tight as Polk now has a plastic ring that is glued on the front of the metal basket. This when screwed into the box makes the fitment into the door card extremely tight, and requires some persuasion to get the card tight to the steel. On earlier trucks you can easily fit the crossovers in the armrest area of the door, as I couldn't get the 6502's crossover to fit in OP's location on the drivers door. Otherwise everything sounds great with the stock amp at 4ohm.

Anyone done a subwoofer replacement on the ML system (factory amp)? Re-foam worked reasonably well on my door speakers of my 2005 LX, but not on the sub.

Thanks for all of the info on this thread. I’ll update when I do my install.

I have a 99 lx that used to have Nakamichi. Already switched head unit out for pioneer avh2550 nex. Sounds better but the speakers are rough and pretty sure the amp isn’t working correctly. Have intermittent sound out of the front speakers. Some come on at higher volume.

Ordered some 6.5 Infinity Reference components for the front and some 6.5 infinity coaxials for the rear. I need to replace my amp and my sub. I’m into great sounding stereos but realize I’m on a budget here. Want the best bang for my buck.

My current plan is to also replace the rear sub with the Kicker 6.75”. I’m sure it won’t be great, but it should be better. I was really interested in the JL 6w3 but I don’t think it’s gonna be very possible to mount that in the stock sub location—and that’s important to me since I do still use the 3rd row at times.

For those that have done it: which amp did you use to replace the factory one? I’m at a crossroads here—go for a 4 channel amp for the speakers and another amp for the sub. Or go for a 5 channel. I know people have mentioned the Sound Stream Picasso 5 on here. You guys happy with that?

I have a 99 lx that used to have Nakamichi. Already switched head unit out for pioneer avh2550 nex. Sounds better but the speakers are rough and pretty sure the amp isn’t working correctly. Have intermittent sound out of the front speakers. Some come on at higher volume.

Ordered some 6.5 Infinity Reference components for the front and some 6.5 infinity coaxials for the rear. I need to replace my amp and my sub. I’m into great sounding stereos but realize I’m on a budget here. Want the best bang for my buck.

My current plan is to also replace the rear sub with the Kicker 6.75”. I’m sure it won’t be great, but it should be better. I was really interested in the JL 6w3 but I don’t think it’s gonna be very possible to mount that in the stock sub location—and that’s important to me since I do still use the 3rd row at times.

For those that have done it: which amp did you use to replace the factory one? I’m at a crossroads here—go for a 4 channel amp for the speakers and another amp for the sub. Or go for a 5 channel. I know people have mentioned the Sound Stream Picasso 5 on here. You guys happy with that?

I'm personally using the kicker 400 watt amp made to mate with the 63/4 woofer while running the internal amp in my headunit.

I was running a 5 channel JL audio HD 900/5 which would be more than enough for 99% of the people on this forum I'm assuming. Was running a passive 6.5" set up front with 4" rears and a single sub. Sounded really good but I decided to upgrade to 2 amplifiers. An 8 channel with built in DSP for my 3 way set up front which I will run "active" and the other dedicated to my subwoofer. I needed more channels to run "active" hence the upgrade. To answer your question I would keep it simple and run a 5 channel.

Also, has anyone who has an upgraded woofer in the stock box experienced the rear door handles rattling? Anyone have a solution?

I was running a 5 channel JL audio HD 900/5 which would be more than enough for 99% of the people on this forum I'm assuming. Was running a passive 6.5" set up front with 4" rears and a single sub. Sounded really good but I decided to upgrade to 2 amplifiers. An 8 channel with built in DSP for my 3 way set up front which I will run "active" and the other dedicated to my subwoofer. I needed more channels to run "active" hence the upgrade. To answer your question I would keep it simple and run a 5 channel.
Thank you for the response guys! Appreciate you. I’ll keep you posted on my progress. I love great sound but feel like I’m somewhat limited here. Gonna do my best!

Thank you for the response guys! Appreciate you. I’ll keep you posted on my progress. I love great sound but feel like I’m somewhat limited here. Gonna do my best!
Good budget five Channels are tough to come by right now. This amp a solid amp though. Running two separate amps with two separate amp kits is overkill if you’re just trying to power four 2 way doors and a 6.75 sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom