Lets do a Sac area trip soon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't make me look to bad with your auto and locker Keith!

We gotta rep the wagons man, do you think we should count Ken as a wagon?

Dylan

We have Ken and Espressomon and moosehog for the wagons!
I think were covered! Though, their rigs are a bit more "high zuit" than ours. Espressomon's even comes with a hot shower feature!

I gotta tell you...the auto locker...is the SHIZZNIT!
I didnt know what to expect from it, and the difference is night at day when climbing! I cant wait to see how it does on the more agressive terrain.
I hardly used my 4WD at all in DV and I didnt slip at all!
Very impressed!
People always said that a locker makes a TON of a difference...I didnt see how it could be that dramatic, but sure enough...it is.
I love it!

Chicago

chicago: wasnt that the barney riley trail that i ran into you (not physically) on last year, you were with your pop?

had a bit of a struggle getting back up the hill as i recall. im thinking thats all in the past with the locker?

i didnt have any problem getting back up but i had some clearance issues with my 31s...

i would like to make this run but ive got a music festival to run 2 weekends from then so probably be too swamped for a weekend away.

http://www.snwmf.com

one love
jah bill

chicago: wasnt that the barney riley trail that i ran into you (not physically) on last year, you were with your pop?

had a bit of a struggle getting back up the hill as i recall. im thinking thats all in the past with the locker?

i didnt have any problem getting back up but i had some clearance issues with my 31s...

i would like to make this run but ive got a music festival to run 2 weekends from then so probably be too swamped for a weekend away.

http://www.snwmf.com

one love
jah bill

Yeup, the same one!
I did have trouble with that climb...I picked a bad line, got hung up on that boulder section toward the top and all the tires I NEEDED to be spinning were in the air and essentially useless! Mark (the guy in the 40) picked a good line for me and I got right out.
Quite honestly, I never would have picked that line...
Experience helps!
Too bad you cant make it...as I recall, you bailed and didnt get to the end of the trail...Its beautiful down there!
Im hoping that camp site is open again!

I WILL OWN that hill!:grinpimp:

Chicago

i plan on trying that trail again this summer sometime...we bailed when we got to that dodge ram or whatever that wreck was next to the trail, but it was mostly because it was getting late after a late start and we got spooked talking to some motorcyclists who told us no way your gonna get down there. they were rather surprised when in told them well, we were going to meet some people who had already gone down there and do it regularly. once getting back to civilization and reading here what was ahead, we should have just kept going down...but like you said: experience.

anyway have a blast there and if i can make it maybe i will join you folks down there. right now i got a front axle to rebuild.

one love
jah bill

i plan on trying that trail again this summer sometime...we bailed when we got to that dodge ram or whatever that wreck was next to the trail, but it was mostly because it was getting late after a late start and we got spooked talking to some motorcyclists who told us no way your gonna get down there. they were rather surprised when in told them well, we were going to meet some people who had already gone down there and do it regularly. once getting back to civilization and reading here what was ahead, we should have just kept going down...but like you said: experience.

anyway have a blast there and if i can make it maybe i will join you folks down there. right now i got a front axle to rebuild.

one love
jah bill

It seems like a pretty good group going.
It was already pretty late when me and my "pops-in-law/ partner in crime" saw you!
throw some grease in the knuckle and call it good!!!:D
Yeah, the more im doing this stuff, the more im realizing that wheelin is more about experience than anything... What you can do, and what you cant (if you dont roll it first)!
Last year was my first summer 4 wheelin, and Ive learned a lot in that time, and have a LOOOONG way to go as Im still a NEWBIE to this past time! I sure do LOVE it though!
Try to make it if you can, otherwise, good luck with the re build!

Chicago

If you guys can wait until July (or do both) check here. I am also looking for a Sat afternoon run/camp at night/ Sun. morning run in the NE Sac. area.

:beer:
Smit

Last edited:
This is what I recieved from the local club:

Hi Ken:
This is what I sent to the rest of the club about our run. The spot Eric got stuck was on the south fork of the last leg before you reach the river (see map on web site, yellow marked trail). That branch follows a small creek through a canyon about 1/2 way in, than cuts uphill. Just after that is the "HOLE". If you go around it to the right, the thick brush could cause you to drop into the edge of the hole and maybe roll over! If you go to the left (very wet area) you can get by with no problem, at this time. Attached is Eric before trying to get out. I don't have any pic of extraction. Others may post some later.
GARY
----- Original Message -----
To: John Pumphrey
Cc: members@motherloderockcrawlers.com
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: Barney Riley run

High John:
You missed a great run! We didn't get lost despite my trying to. We had 4 Jeeps on the run and the only problem we had was when our leader (who did show up, thank heavens) decided to go through the ONLY mud hole of the trip! Eric said "it looked like it only had 1 1/2 ft of water in it", (but it also had 1 1/2 ft of mud on the bottom). Eric quickly added about 1 ft more mud on the bottom as he slowly went deeper and deeper trying to get out! We made him stop as the water reached the bottom of his doors. After pulling him out we arrived at the river and had lunch. Some "rafters" had their pick-up crew come in on the same trail with 4 wheel drive pick-ups. They came over and wanted to know "is there ANYWAY different to get out of here? We went over all the maps they had to show them NO and I gave my map and advised them of the best way to get through the hardest parts. Also to air down (they had a compressor). I got home before 6PM and had a really GOOD day (we didn't break anything or anyone!). Only some mud to wash off today and to replace the gas used!
GARY
----- Original Message -----
To: membership@motherloderockcrawlers.com
Cc: feetup@caltel.com
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 12:58 PM
Subject: Barney Riley run

Gary,

I apologize but will have to withdraw from the run tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great day, without getting lost. The pictures I have seen of the scenery along the trail look great.

Maybe later this year perhaps?

John

John W. Pumphrey

Field Operations Manager
Public Works Dept
City of Elk Grove
Office: (916) 687-3064
Cell: (916) 690-2018
Fax: (916) 478-4121

Here is a pic of a heep stuck in the mud on Barney Riley.

ken
100_5825.jpg

Here is some more of a reno club around 5-16-07
The guy told me that the cheby died in the river and the pos started floating downstream :eek:

ken
aa2.jpg
aa1.jpg
b2.jpg

Markleeville?
I'll pass, thank you very much.

besides...I'll be on the 'con from the 20th through 23/4th

:D

You can probably drive through there without getting arrested...

:rolleyes:

That water is a little high yet!

:eek:

You can probably drive through there without getting arrested...

:rolleyes:

I ain't givin' "the man" another chance.
:flipoff2:

besides...about the only redeeming feature of the town was the bar with the jackalope head and all the crap stuck to the ceiling...and I understand that's now gone...

so...I stand with my "Markleeville Sucks" stance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom