Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Super cool. Digging it.

20200107_173249.jpg

Looks like your Ute was involved in a drive by shooting. :)

BIG holes. I left when they were being drilled. I have no issues drilling on any of the high dollar stuff we play with....but every hole hurts on these trucks.

And finally....all bolted up. I found a source for these cool little consoles if anyone is interested. I have one in my 73(H55 trans)....works with it just fine. This is a H151 and it fits really well. Won't work with an R151 however.

Nice and simple piece and really adds some useful storage. Thinking about bringing in 5 or 10 of them next go around.

View attachment 2176202

I like both of those. Wonder if they would fit in my '94? Are they out of a later model FZJ79?

I like both of those. Wonder if they would fit in my '94? Are they out of a later model FZJ79?

Like anything else, anything can be made to fit. When the Troopy comes back from paint we'll pop a console in to see how it fits. It might get the same setup.

Well you can always drop one of the Chevy V8's in there. :)

We've got 3 LS conversions to do this year.....none of them will be in my trucks :)

Couple of issues addressed today......the bed has 2 supports channels in the center that rest on the frame rails(no bolts)....these were never really addressed on this frame. We had to make a couple of supports forward of the shock tower and then raise the rear ones a touch due to the body lift we ended up installing. Plenty of support now.

I think this was before the body lift

20191224_172919.jpg

The quick pads we made
20200109_133245.jpg

This is how much more inboard the frame rails on a 79 would be.....close to 3" per side maybe.
20200109_133300.jpg

Bed getting ready to be dropped on it's new pads.

20200109_145146.jpg

Going to work on our tank transfer valves tomorrow.....they're going to go on the driver's side frame rail. Ran out of time to finish today. We want to get them in so we can start building the fuel lines. Closer and closer every day.

20200109_162631.jpg

I’m all ears now. My 79 project arrives next week and the fuel and brake lines have been on my mind as well.

Tested out the passenger seat because I want to run this cool center console cubby thing I found.

Had to make a slight mod to the inboard foot to work with the cubby console thing

View attachment 2176200

And finally....all bolted up. I found a source for these cool little consoles if anyone is interested. I have one in my 73(H55 trans)....works with it just fine. This is a H151 and it fits really well. Won't work with an R151 however.

Nice and simple piece and really adds some useful storage. Thinking about bringing in 5 or 10 of them next go around.

View attachment 2176202

I've got this in my VDJ78.

There's a guy here that sells them with a twin USB outlet in the large space between the slot and RH cup holder.

I've got this in my VDJ78.

There's a guy here that sells them with a twin USB outlet in the large space between the slot and RH cup holder.

That's a really good idea.....I'll put it on the to-do list.

I decided no to move on the Armax snorkel until I get my side bars on, exactly coz how massive it is ..

Side bars may find their way on this truck at some point.....

Let's at least get the proper truck with the bars....
snorkel-toyota-71-73-75-76-78-79-series-wide-front-landcruiser.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom