Let the fun begin (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scott68FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.myblueheaven.com
I am officially starting my list of projects on the 40. I finally got it though emissions today on the old F engine so I could get current tags. I have to have tags as the City of Tucson requires them otherwise they consider the vehicle "abandoned" and it can turn into a pretty steep fine.

Before it gets back on the road again, it will have the following:

1. SBC engine conversion
2. 4 Speed Tranny
3. Disk Brakes
4. Power Steering
5. Aux fuel tank (might be moved into the next round)

The next round will be:

1. Possibly the fuel tank if I don't do it this time
2. 4" Lift
3. New tires and wheels
4. Interior work
5. Other cosmetic stuff

The last planned round will be:

1. Paint

Looks like a good plan.
:cheers: for having brakes in the 1st stage

Good luck!

Look for wrenching parties at my place. :)

I will provide food and drink when I need help.

This reminds me, I will have a lot of parts for an F engine, actually the whole F engine. I will also have a 3 speed tranny with floor shifter. Other items will be a Weber carb, a Mallory distributor with mechanical advance and a header for an F engine. I will also have the front axle that is being replaced.

Won't have everything immediately, but if you need anything, it will all be going cheap. It would be nice to offset some of the cost of the projects, but storage is also going to be a huge issue.

let me know when that distibutor is available. I want to get rid of points and go with an optical triggering system and I need a good distributor to start with!!

fj40frk said:
let me know when that distibutor is available. I want to get rid of points and go with an optical triggering system and I need a good distributor to start with!!

Will do. I had planned on doing the exact same thing, and I have all the part numbers for the system around here somewhere.

Let me know in advance when you plan on needing some help, I have a service truck with a 3 ton crane on the back. Im in Phoenix, but if I can plan for it, we can make a day out of it, pulling the engine and tranny.
-Ron

Project FJ80 said:
Let me know in advance when you plan on needing some help, I have a service truck with a 3 ton crane on the back.
-Ron

Hey, me too:) Let me know if you need help pulling drivetrain out.
-Duane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom